Headache

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
naomihope427

Re : Headache

Postby naomihope427 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 07:47 pm

I would go in and get checked. I had nausea for 4 days straight,(but everyone and their experiences even from pregnancy to pregnancy may be similar or different) and I swear it was my body telling me something wasnt right. I had went in to get checked because of my nausea and headaches and I was admitted. I also developed nausea again in hospital after it had went away and started having full blown contractions for 12 hours, that eventually stopped but I believe the nausea as well as my other symptoms was a sign that things were getting to that point, where I eventually delivered. my first hospital stya was when I was admitted at 25 weeks, I got the steriod shots because of my protein levels but I made it to 34w 6 days, so 10 more weeks about! So you can do it too!!! Just go in and get checked :)

l412angel

Re : Headache

Postby l412angel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 06:47 pm

All your symptoms are very concerning to me. I hope you head to L&D. Your pressures are very high and your nausea concerns me. I hope you go in to get checked out! Keep us posted!

cacheandtayt

Headache

Postby cacheandtayt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 05:05 pm

I woke up Saturday in the middle of the night with a severe headache. It is now Wed, almost 5pm and I cannot get rid of the headache. I have had severe PE with 2 pregnancies, my third was pe free. I do monitor my BP at home. It is way up from baseline but usually under 140/90. I have gotten in the past few days a few readings of anywhere from 140/90- 151/101. Usually though I am in the 130's/ 70/80 (up from baseline of 102/62 typically). My BP goes back down.

I will be 25 weeks Friday. I have no swelling- with my previous PE pregnancies I was gaining tons- up to 8 pounds in one week.

I did have the PE headache with my second son but I was very, very sick at that point and the pain was horribly intense, I also had the pain in my right side, started vomiting and was delivered within a few hours.

So, my question... since my BP seems to be okay and I am not swelling is this just a nagging headache or a cause or concern? It does mimic migraine (and I do get migraines). I have also been waking in the middle of the night because I am so nauseous. My morning sickness ended about 6 weeks ago so that is new.

I am just not sure if since my BP is okay if this headache should be checked out by dr. I would have to go into triage at this point since office is closed. I have also been having an almost constant racing pulse. My pulse is rarely below 96 now... usually over 100 and goes up to 115 even resting. I know that can just be a typically pregnancy this as well but it does seem to be worse. Of course the racing pulse makes it hard to catch my breath.

I also know pain can cause BP to go up so perhaps those higher readings are just my body responding to pain?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”