Still hanging in there...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
snazzygina

Re : Still hanging in there...

Postby snazzygina » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Ultrasound went well. Baby is measuring in the 55th percentile. Yay. Estimated weight is now 6 lbs 1oz. If things stay stable my doctor said she'll let me go until maybe 39 weeks. So excited!

The funny thing is my other three were all earlier and this is the only time I have ever been diagnosed with PE. There was one other time I had PIH, but even then it wasn't super high and there was no protein in my urine.

Thanks for the well wishes! :)

ktdwll

Postby ktdwll » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Rooting for 37 weeks.

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 02:57 pm

I am glad that you are doing so well! I hope that you make it to 37 weeks! Definitely keep us posted.

snazzygina

Still hanging in there...

Postby snazzygina » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:19 am

I posted a few weeks back about my diagnosis with mild pe. That was when I was 33 weeks. I am now 36 weeks 1 day and still going!

My labs are all still in the normal range, although dropping slightly each week. But, not enough to cause more symptoms or worry my doctor.

My BPs are the same as they've been. Ranging from 140/90 then dropping nicely to 135/80's with a few minutes rest. My protein, however, has been slowly creeping up.

I'm on the hypertension program at Kaiser and they call me every day to get my bp, protein and kick count. I have parameters and if I go over any of them they call my doctor and I either go in or go to Labor and Delivery to get checked out.

At first I was VERY nervous about PE and what that meant, but since things have been watched so closely and I'm feeling pretty much the same everyday, I'm not as nervous and worried anymore. I'm also SO happy to be past the 36 week mark. I'd LOVE to make it to at least 37, but we'll see.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for later today to check baby's size. I was measuring small at my last appt. so they want to make sure baby is still growing. If she's not, then I'm pretty sure I'll have a new baby girl this weekend.

This forum has been a GODSEND for me. I have gotten SO much out of reading all of your posts and kind words, not just to me but from everyone to everyone.

I'll keep you posted on what happens today.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”