Need your comforts and advices

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sarab
Site Admin

Re : Need your comforts and advices

Postby sarab » Thu Sep 30, 638945 1:12 pm

Alvin, I am terribly sorry for the loss of your precious son. Preeclampsia is a devastating disease, and, sadly, many of our members know the pain of losing a child to it.

As Beth said, there is a lot of information and emotional support to found here. Please look around, ask questions, and share your thoughts and feelings as you struggle with the loss of your son and the decision to attempt another pregnancy. There are many here who have been down that road, and can share experiences and support.

How is your wife's blood pressure now? She is welcome here any time as well, when she feels ready.

Hugs to you.

don_alvin

Postby don_alvin » Mon Sep 20, 638945 2:50 am

Thank you...yes, we are confused. Her OB might telling us we will try and start after 3 months to ease our longing and emptiness. Aside from that reason that he gave, her age is the other concern.

mrss

Postby mrss » Sun Sep 19, 638945 9:47 pm

I am sorry for your loss. If you look under Ask the Experts and Frequently Asked Questions, I think you may find some of the answers you want. I know when we considered having another child, I remember reading that it can take at least two years for your body to recover from preeclampsia. Some people are advised to wait that long before conceiving, but others start earlier.

beth0277

Postby beth0277 » Sat Sep 18, 638945 8:47 pm

Hi Don,

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart breaks for you. This forum is a wonderful place to get support from many families who have been in the same position that you and your wife have unfortunately found yourselves. I can recommend that you look for support in the "Dads" forum and the "Grief & Loss" forum. Both of those forums are wonderful places to find others who have experienced what you have.

I think all of your questions are very valid and I imagine many people in your same situation find themselves asking those very questions. As far as if anyone can help you, I do believe that you will find support on this site. Preeclampsia is unfortunately a disease that many are unfamiliar with, so I have found great support by talking to others on this site. As far as when it will be the right time for you to have another baby-I think that is something that only you and your wife will be able to answer, and you may not know for some time. You may decide to try sooner, rather than later, or may decide that you want to wait. Since your wife was very far along in her pregnancy, I highly recommend a pre-conception consulation with a doctor who is experienced dealing with women who have a history of PE. They should be able to make recommendations on how long you may want to wait, for the safety of your wife & any children she would be carrying. But only you will know when you are emotionally ready for another pregnancy. There are many who have been in your same experience and I believe you will be able to get their input from this forum.

When you ask can your wife still be pregnant-do you mean can she still get pregnant? If so, the answer is yes. A history of PE should not affect the ability to conceive in the future. This is also something that you would want to discuss in depth with her doctor, as well as the precautions to take. I imagine she would be watched very closely in her next pregnancy.

Please come back to the forum as often as you'd like to get support, and when your wife is ready, please let her know that she can find great support here as well.

My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

don_alvin

Need your comforts and advices

Postby don_alvin » Wed Sep 08, 638945 12:40 pm

A shocking bp of 180/100 for the first time. It is our scheduled pre-natal check-up on Sept23. Her expected delivery supposedly is on October 10, 2010. As a new parent, excitement is undeniable. Very well cared, check-ups, foods and etc with all the preparations..The baby still kicked 3x, but sad to say, our first child who is a baby boy died in her mother's womb before my wife entered to the ultrasound room of the hospital. My wife did not feel something wrong...No aches, no swelling.All she knew the night before it happened, she noticed the baby is not moving routinely compared previously. My wife suffered severe pre-eclampsia with oligohydramnious abruptly last Sept. 23, 2010. After failure of inducing the baby on that day, a ceasarian operation was done on Sept 24 to get the baby. We are still in the healing process as of the moment.
In God's time, we really want to have another baby to complete our parenthood. Btw, we are both 33 years of age residing here in the Philippines. But we have fear this dilemma might happen again...Can anyone help us? When is the right time (grace period) to have a possible baby? What are the precautions? Can my wife still be pregnant?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”