possible pre-e how to help the pain? 25 1/2 wks pg

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re : possible pre-e how to help the pain? 25 1/2 wks pg

Postby aajatwins » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm coming in late and wondering how you are, too!! The headache is a bad sign, from my experience (although, everyone's is different & you can read that here on the forums). I had no signs of PE, but I think my BP was too high most of the pregnancy. My head starting hurting like that two days before induction and wouldn't go away with any pain meds. When I went in to be induced, I had seizures (eclampsia). That headache is serious, so I hope you've made your doc or whoever you can see understand that!
Hoping you are well!

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:36 pm

I'm coming in late on this one, but how are you?? You are not alone!!! My last pregnancy beginning around 12wks my bp started to rise, I felt "hungover" everyday, had vision trouble, and developed this constant headache. I was shoved around to many docs, noone knew what to do with me. tried multiple meds for my headache none helped. At 28wks saw a neurologist who diagnosed me with chronic daily headaches with transferred migranes. He prescribed me lortabs...i was terrified to take them, and actually didn't for a long time. My mfm and ob reassured me over and over again that it was ok to take them. It was the only thing that helped. I only took them when I was in severe pain. I was finally diagnosed with pe postpartum. Unfortunately I'm still dealing with this constant headache. It varies in intensity and is getting old!! My neuro has had me try many migrane meds and nothing touches it. My ob believes that it's all hormonal/pe related. I just pray it will end soon!!! Good luck to you! I wish this on noone! Many thoughts and prayers your way!!!!

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 08:21 pm

Ailey you should you definitely go to the labor and delivery, let them check you. I work with Surgeons and I tell you the new generation docs are not like before....please have an attending check you.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 am

The one thing having PE has taught me is to stand up for my medical care.

While yes, if you were at the hospital they'd be "doing" the same things you are at home, the proximity to emergent care is there - something you don't have at home.

If it were me, I would go straight in. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200.

Go in to the hospital where your MFM works. (Were you calling the MFM on call or the OB? IMO you should be dealing only with the MFM with the symptoms you have described.)

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:55 am

How are you today? There is nothing you can really do at home to help if it's PE. If you still have a headache today don't be afraid to demand to be seen. Have they run any blood work? Don't let them push you aside if you think there is something going on. Can you go to a different hospital?

aileysmom

Postby aileysmom » Thu Oct 14, 2010 02:20 am

doc on call told me to monitor bp and if it gets high to come in. increased pain meds and told me to wait until 2 doses and if the pain still doesnt stop then come in. said that otherwise i would be in hospital but they would be doing the same thing. its kind of a wait and see thing right now. my doc is still not in so i cant talk to him (hes been my doc for 3 years now) anyone else had this before? i feel like im just being shoved to the side; and that this doc doesnt care. anything i can do at home to help? whats happening now is that if i do activities or much around house bp gets high but with rest for 30 mins starts lowering. but when i do anything it gets high again. normal?

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 00:59 am

BP is just one symptom; headache that doesn't respond to Tylenol is another. I'd head into L&D and have them assess you to rule out the possibility that you're getting really sick.

Please keep us posted as you're able.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 pm

If the pain meds they gave you aren't helping your headache it's time to call your OB and/or head into L&D. PE can move very quickly & a headache that doesn't respond to Tylenol was a "call in" symptom for my OB.

aileysmom

Postby aileysmom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 09:55 pm

ive been resting on left side since i posted the first one and now im not feeling that weird feeling anymore. thats why i ask.my head is still killing me though; anything i can do for that?

aileysmom

Postby aileysmom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 09:54 pm

husband gets home at 10 pm so im trying to make it tell at least then. is their any sign that your bp is high? i was just feeling weird when they told me mine was high. anything that tells you "wow its high you need to go" without actually taking your bp?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”