On my fifth child (and fifth pregnancy) here- have children ages 9,7,5,3. Was dxed with IgA Nephropathy last March because of high protein and occult blood found in lab tests (but no symptoms). Apparently I have a mild case with no scarring or kidney damage and normal kidney fxn. I just turned 39. I'm taking a smite of methyldopa, 125 mg 2x's daily.
I'm actually 37 wks 2 days and doing great! My protein 24hr was last at 1426, however- last week but they're saying that's the kidney disorder and not PE. My unpregnant 24 hour protein is 300-400. I have normal platelets, liver enzymes. My blood pressure has risen a little for me to 128/80 from 116/74 typically, and I take it daily at the same time, just in the past day. I have minimal swelling in my ankles, no headaches, abd pain, vision issues, and basically feel great. I actually hadn't gained any weight at my last check (my weight gain has been around 25 lbs, I'm not overweight).
So, am I being realistic hoping to make it until 39 weeks or would it be better to induce sooner? How long could I last with a slight BP elevation? No h/o c-sections, my other babies went to 40, 40, 36, and 37 weeks and were healthy. I have had my bp and protein shoot up with three of the pregnancies at the end- after the last one, the OB said I must have kidney disease.
It would be so nice to wait a little longer if I'm able to! Should I post this on "ask the experts"?
Thanks (p.s. I'm an RN)