27 weeks and newly diagnosed

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
l412angel

Re: 27 weeks and newly diagnosed

Postby l412angel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 08:58 pm

Welcome! I am glad your docs are keeping a close eye on you! That is always very reassuring to hear! There are women on here that limp along for weeks, I think it just all depends. Keep us all posted and we are always here to answer any ?'s!
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

twolittlebirds

Postby twolittlebirds » Fri Feb 04, 2011 07:30 pm

Thanks for the reply! No, I'm not in the hospital yet. I'm having weekly appointments, NSTs, and 24 hour urine tests, and my next day for all of this is Monday. Of course my docs told me to go to L&D right away if I feel off, have any bad BP readings (I have a cuff at home), etc.

My 24 hour urine test from Weds was 324, so it's still pretty mild. Bed rest at home has helped my blood pressure a lot, too.

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Fri Feb 04, 2011 07:24 pm

You never can tell what this thing is going to do, unfortunately. 27 weeks isn't so bad. The typical time of delivery from diagnosis is about 2 weeks. However, many ladies on this site were diagnosed early, but held on long after the 2 week average. Make sure they keep a close eye on you. This thing can turn ugly fast. I didn't start spilling protein until I was admitted into the hospital. I was stable for a while, a little over 2 weeks actually. One day within hours, my labs went from borderline preeclampsia to full blown preeclampsia and HELLP.

I was in the hospital, so they were monitoring me the entire time. Just keep your symptoms in mind and hopefully they are watching you closely. Have they admitted you into the hospital yet?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

twolittlebirds

27 weeks and newly diagnosed

Postby twolittlebirds » Fri Feb 04, 2011 07:11 pm

Just joining up here. I'm 27 weeks and was just diagnosed with pre-e a few days ago. :( At this point, it looks mild, so I'm hoping we can keep baby girl in there for a while.

This is my 2nd pregnancy and 2nd time dealing with pre-e. I developed it last time at 34 weeks and delivered my twins at 35 weeks as a result.

I'm feeling very scared at such an early diagnosis this time.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”