8 weeks postpartum & still feel sick

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
celticepona

Re: 8 weeks postpartum & still feel sick

Postby celticepona » Wed Mar 11, 639237 5:17 am

I am glad you are keeping in good contact with your doctor and that they are keeping an eye on you. I too took a very long time to recover from PE the first time. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
Amy. DH Rich.
Emily born 04/01/04 @ 37 weeks. 5.bs 15 oz. Severe PE. Strict leftside bedrest 3 weeks before delivery, 2 weeks postpartum. Postpartum PE.
Isabelle born 04/19/08 @ 37 weeks. 6lbs 9 oz. PE. Under care of high risk peri and bp meds throughout preg.
IT'S A GIRL! Faith Michelle" due 06/18/11. Under care of high risk peri. On Aldomet for bps and antinausea meds.

logansmom11302006

Postby logansmom11302006 » Wed Mar 11, 639237 2:53 am

Thank you so much for your reply. While I was reading it, I felt like you were describing me. I went for an ultrasound today of my kidneys, my doctor wanted to check the vessels & all looked good at the ultrasound. I'm now doing the 24 hour urine test. My back pain is very painful & I'm now thinking that maybe the vomiting is from how much pain I am in. The nausea is throughout the day but is worse when the back pain is worse.I am still on BP meds & I do think, just like you said that I feel weak, lack of appetite because of what my body has been through.

Your feedback is so helpful, nice to know that I will get through this & I'm not the only one.

vit9109

Postby vit9109 » Tue Mar 10, 639237 6:41 am

I too had PP pre-e. It took me a long time to feel like "me" again. I was very fatigued and my body always felt very weak. My BP returned to normal range at 6months PP. I did not have nausea/vomiting PP. My appetite was certainly not ideal because of the all of the meds I was on. They made me feel horrible. I really had to force myself to eat. I did have upper back pain that ended up being a pulled muscle.

The doctors ran numerous tests on me ....MRI of my kidneys to r/o kidney hydroneprosis ( narrowing of the vessels), MRI and 24 hour urine to r/o pheochromocytoma ( rare adrenal gland tumor the can cause elevated BP). They pretty much tested me for all sorts of rare conditions were my BP seemed to persistent.

But all and all, my body just felt very weak, deconditioned, achey PP because of what it went through. I kept a close eye on things and always reported things to my doctor. I think I worried so much that something was wrong that I needed to make sure I told them every little thing. It helped me!

Are you currently on BP meds? If so, Do you think you could be feeling side effects from the meds?

Does the nausea/vomiting accompany meals or just all throughout the day? If after meals, can you discuss with your doctor to have your gallbladder checked? Sometimes n/v after meals can be a symptom of gallbladder issues.

Have they run blood work to see what your kidney functions are? R/O kidney infection?

Hope you feel better soon!!

logansmom11302006

8 weeks postpartum & still feel sick

Postby logansmom11302006 » Sun Mar 08, 639237 11:45 pm

Hi,

I had PE with my 1st pregnancy in 2006 & just had my 2nd baby 8 weeks ago & again had PE with this pregnancy. With my 1st pregnancy I had high BP for 6 weeks then it went back to normal & I started to feel myself again. Since having my 2nd baby 8 weeks ago my BP is still high but this time I have other symptoms in addition to the BP. I have no energy, loss of appetite, nausia, vomiting & severe back pain in the kidney area. My ob is sending me for a kidney ultrasound tomorrow to check if it's my kidneys. I was wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms??

Thank you for any feedback!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”