2nd pregnancy and breech presentation

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
michelarea

Re: 2nd pregnancy and breech presentation

Postby michelarea » Thu Feb 17, 2011 07:12 am

Thank you very much. Jules2 congratulations for your Rachel, I think you were very brave. Size alone may be the reason why she is breech, but It is also true that I had an emergency c-section with a big cut, so something with the vessels or the internal scar is very possible. I am happy for this pregnancy, it was very uneventful and being full term surprise me still, at the same time I don't fully trust my body so I will feel safer once my baby is outside. Hugs to all,

lizard

Postby lizard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 02:06 pm

my first baby born at 33wks was breech. i had PE and he was IUGR. i didn't know breech babies and PE were related. interesting. good luck to you :)

jules2

Postby jules2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 01:36 pm

Yes, my first pregnancy resulted in stillbirth at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP.

My second was transverse at 36 weeks (was head down every 2 week scan from 30-36 weeks) then turned! I was admitted to hospital (I don't think you need that for breech) and delivered by c section at 38 weeks. All was fine - Rachel was fairly small 6lb 8oz at 38+2 and is now 9lb 6oz. (8 and a half weeks). I lost a lot of blood at delivery and felt pretty rough for a few weeks (severe anaemia) as there was something in my uterus stopping her getting head down - some very large abnormal blood vessels in the lower part of my uterus which were cut through when the first incision was made. But I have still made a good recovery and she was fine. Try not to worry - this is nowhere near as bad as PE and HELLP!

Best wishes
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.

michelarea

2nd pregnancy and breech presentation

Postby michelarea » Wed Feb 16, 2011 06:50 am

Hi! I am now almost 36 weeks along with my second daughter (my first was born in 2009 at 32+3, iugr, due to hellp syndrome. I took LDA and Clexane this time, I have borderline lupus anticoagulant). I had a growth scan today, my baby is not big (2.3 kilos) but doing fine, with good fetal dopplers. Bp is not super low anymore but still in the normal range 75-80/110-120. My baby is breech, and I don't think she will turn at this stage altough I know it's not impossible. This is not a serious problem for delivery because in any case my doc was favouring the repeated c-section and it is scheduled for the 28th of February (in Italy there is a strong tendency toward repeating c-sections just in case). Some websites claims that breech presentation is much more common with small babies, uterine problems and so on . I was wondering if any of you had this experience and in particular If it was associated with a poor uterine situation (ultrasound didn't show that my uterus is particularly compromised, but you know...) thanks

Return to “Ask the Experienced”