What is iugr?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kellyo19

Re: What is iugr?

Postby kellyo19 » Fri Jul 20, 639240 4:23 am

I had IUGR with my first, so when I was pregnant with my 2nd, I had NST and BPPs starting about 30 wks. The NST (non stress tests) monitored baby's heart rate and I pushed a button when I felt the baby move at all. The BPP is a detailed ultrasound to measure baby's growth, fluid levels, placenta function, and cord blood flow.

IUGR is growth restriction where the placenta isn't working well, occasionally its caused by an abnormality of the uterus, your OB/GYN can maybe explain your case in more detail. Sometimes the babies do ok, they're just small, and sometimes there's other complications. My OB told me once you have it, you're higher risk for it in future pregnancies and I'd need extra monitoring.

I read about your loss, and I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through. HUGS!
2005: PE/IUGR pregnancy with Daughter, born 40+2 induction. Diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder (or Sensory Integration Dysfunction) in 2010. Diagnosed with ADHD in 2011. It's getting better with OT and treatment!
2009: PIH pregnancy with Son, born 38+5. Diagnosed in 2011 as Developmental Language Delays, Social-Emotional-Communication Delays. More testing Nov. 2011.
2011: I'm undergoing neurological testing. Praying for the best!

preemomof2

Re: What is iugr?

Postby preemomof2 » Tue Jun 26, 639240 7:38 am

Interuterine growth restriction. Which means the baby's growth is restricted
Because of poor blood flow through the placenta. The baby either stops growing or is growing below the proper percentile.

annamarie89

What is iugr?

Postby annamarie89 » Tue Jun 26, 639240 5:43 am

What is iugr?
Ryleigh Marie was born on January 30, 2011... and passed shortly after. She was 40 weeks and 1 day when she was born.. weighing at 6lbs and 2 oz. and 20 inches long.

I was induced.. and during labor found out I had HELLP.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”