Hello, new here

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilysmommymindy

Re: Hello, new here

Postby lilysmommymindy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 09:03 pm

Bag = got <----stupid autocorrect!
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 09:02 pm

That's quality children programming! We bag a couple fraggle dvd's but my dd#1 is still too young to really get into it....we're huge Yo Gabba Gangs fans here (hence the family themed halloween costumes in my avatar). It's one of the few little little kid shows that I can even get into, like really into! Just a suggestion for the near future ;)
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in

fragglefan

Postby fragglefan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Thank you so much for your advice! My doctor gave me a list of things to look for but some of those things you listed weren't even on there so it is good to know!

And yes, the fraggle in fragglefan is from fragglerock! My husband and I have the full seasons on dvd and plan to raise our kid on those types of shows! I tried to watch Pokemon the other day and just was so...lost...lol

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Fraggle? As in Fraggle Rock? I LOVED that show growing up! Lol! Welcome to the boards!
You've gotten some awesome advice already, they hit what I would already say, know the symptoms and self advocate. You know your body more than anyone else and if you feel like something is wrong then be seen, whether by your dr or l&d. Don't worry about being an obnoxious patient, it is their job and you already have a serious diagnosis. Knowledge is power, research and familiarize yourself. The forums are an amazing place to find support and answers to lingering questions.
Wishing you a healthy and safe remainder of your pregnancy and delivery!
-Mindy
Mindy

7lbs 3oz 20in

kmb1419

Postby kmb1419 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 08:45 pm

Hi fragglefan!

Welcome! I'm sorry that you had to find this site, but you will find a lot of great resources here. I found this website after I developed HELLP and had no idea what happened to me. It has been a great help.

First of all, I would take some time familiarize yourself with the symptoms of PE that way you will know the symptoms. Secondly, I would tell you to be an advocate for yourself. If you feel something is wrong, call your doctor. If you don't feel that your doctor is listening, go to another doctor. I wish I had done that . I didn't want to bother my doctor and didn't want to question them at the time. I will never do that again.

I know it is scary with all the unknowns, but know that you aren't alone.

Kris

brandib

Postby brandib » Mon Apr 04, 2011 08:34 pm

Hey there. So sorry you've been diagnosed :0( You already know about the protein and high BP. The other things to watch out for are a headache that doesn't go away with Tylenol, pain on your right side under your rib cage, cola colored urine, seeing stars/lights/spots, sudden swelling or just feeling yucky. I'm sure someone will come along and post a link to the symptoms page. I don't know how to do that :0) Good that ur at 32 weeks already! I sure hope you make it a few more. Its always better to safe than sorry, so if you're feeling " off" and think something just isn't right, head on in to labor and delivery. They can run quick labs and check ur reflexes and see if anything got worse, and if nothing did get worse, don't feel bad, thats their job :0)

fragglefan

Hello, new here

Postby fragglefan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 06:56 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself. About 2 weeks ago I had some protein in my urine and high bp. I got sent over to l&d and spent the entire weekend there. Did the 24 hour urine test and had 400 mg of protein in my urine. At that point they gave me the 2 steroid shots. I had another appointment that Monday at the doctors and was told to do the 24 hour urine test at home again and come back on Friday. This time I tested for 500 mg of protein in my urine. Also was having contractions due to dehydration. I've been getting growth ultrasounds and baby is measuring about a lb ahead of where he should be but that is ok because they told me they would not let me go any further than 37 weeks (may 7). I'm on full bed rest until I deliver. I'm terrified the protein will skyrocket and I won't recognize the symptoms :( I'm currently 32w2d. My mom is coming out on Sunday to help me for 3 weeks and then my husband's mom and dad are coming out until after the baby is delivered so that will definitely help. I'm just scared of a lot of the unknowns. :(

Return to “Ask the Experienced”