Questions unanswered

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Questions unanswered

Postby aajatwins » Mon Jul 16, 639246 2:10 am

How scary! I would also think that was a seizure - I see women posting different experiences of seizures. I went unresponsive when I had mine during labor & I know others who've done the same before and/or after delivery. But one woman on the boards said she was in the middle of labor & was able to finish delivering her baby (amazing! can't remember who, though). I'll be interested to see the response to this!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

preemomof2

Questions unanswered

Postby preemomof2 » Sun Jul 15, 639246 8:15 pm

I've been wondering what I experienced just a day after my son was born. (yes its been years now, but I remember it very well).

I was in my recovery room all alone at night. My husband had gone home. I woke up to a jerking, trembling sensation and thought the room was shaking like an earthquake. (we dont get earth quakes in FL) As I awoke I had no idea where I was, or what had happened. I tried to remember what was going on and then I glanced up towards the TV hanging on the wall (it was off), I remembered I was in the hospital and I had my baby. I tried to call for help but no one heard me. I clicked the nurse buzzer and said "i need help" in a tiny voice but no one came. As I lay there in wonder it took a good 10-15 minutes for me to remember it all and to finally REBUZZ the nurse station for help. I've always suspected it was a seizure but I guess I'll never know.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”