Vba2c...natural inducing advice needed

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
thaiba2000

Re: Vba2c...natural inducing advice needed

Postby thaiba2000 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:25 am

Thank you so much. Reading your posts have made me think there is still some hope for me yet so i shouldnt get so down about and just relax and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy. Ive never got this far so i should count myself lucky... Its just the thought of a c-section scares the * out of me which makes me worry if i will go into labour or not. Im going to relax from now. Ive got my sweep booked for wednesday 18th May when i will be exactly 39 weeks and i know its a hit and miss but im willing to give it a go, it cant do no harm. I will let you know on here how it went...

Thank you once again guys for replying and making me calm down... :D
England, Luton Thaiba (28) and Adil (37)
My son (first child) born via Emergency caesarean at 36+6 weeks (04/11/03) due to PE. Weighed 4lbs 1oz.
My daughter (second child) born at 33+4 weeks via Shceduled caesarean (19/07/07) due to SEVERE PE. Was in special care for 1 month. Weighed 3lbs 5oz.
My 2nd daughter (third child) born by successful Vaginal Birth after 2 c-sections (VBA2C) (26/05/11) full term at 40+1 weeks. Weighed 6lbs 10oz. PE FREE!

lizard

Postby lizard » Sun May 15, 2011 11:59 am

I know the feeling!! I wanted a vbac so bad and had a csection scheduled for the a week after my due date. i actually went into labor on my due date and ended up having a natural vbac. i was so wanting to go into labor and not another csection. when i finally came to terms with the fact that i might have another csection, i went into labor...go figure :) your body will do what it is supposed to do and if there was something that really really worked to go into labor...we would all know about it and do it. but there just isn't. and for me, i got a membrane sweep around 38wks and it did nothing..so for some it might help IF maybe your close to gg into labor anyway. i was also never dialted but i was 50% effaced. good luck to you, hang in there!!!!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:29 am

I VBAC'd Jan 2nd after 6 weeks of bed rest for gestational hypertension. I tried red raspberry tea, black licorice, & sex. Since my BP was high when up, walking was out of the question. I ended up going into labor 2 days after my due date and 5 days before my scheduled c-section. My membranes were never stripped and I was only 1/2cm dilated at my last OB appt.

38-39 weeks its still early to go into labor naturally. You still have time, so do not count yourself out yet. Be patient and try to enjoy the time you have left being pregnant.
Shannon (34) & Jason (35)
Jameson 6/1/07 33 weeks to Severe PE... 5 weeks NICU
Lilah Noel 1/2/11 PIH from 19 weeks... VBAC at 40 weeks

thaiba2000

Postby thaiba2000 » Sun May 15, 2011 04:11 am

Thank you for your replys...I was in a bit of a panic mode when i sent my 1st post. Ive been walking more and trying safe things to get labour going but nothing seems to be working. People say sex is a good way but i havent got the energy for that right now. I dont want to go all out and do absolutely everything only to have no changes whatsoever. Im having some lightening pains down below, sharp pains and im sure its the babys head either moving further down or just moving around.

On wednesday i have a membrane sweep at exactly 39 weeks. Ive been told its hit and miss because it works for some people but doesnt for others. Apparently in order for that to work the cervix has to be "ripe" (as my OB put it).

Right now i just want to hold my baby so even a c-section doesnt sound so bad. Im already in love with my baby and i love the fact that Pre-eclampsia stayed away this time. I cant believe it. Right from the beginning all i did was stay relaxed and be positive. As soon as i hit 23 weeks i stopped working. Once i was 28 weeks i started my own bedrest routine where i would do the main chores of the house and then rest. If something took my breathe away like the vaccuming i would simply forget about it for a while and just rest with my feet up. After 28 weeks my BP and urine were checked every week (mondays) which made me feel great.
Right from the beginning ive been drinking lots and lots of water just to keep my kidneys nice and healthy. I remember in my two previous pregs i was so swollen and HUGE, i never drank water and therefore never needed the loo. This time i drink plenty and go to the loo plenty too. My kids and husband have been fantastic in supporting me.

Ive been wanting a natural delivery since my 1st baby was born because i felt like i was robbed of the experience and have to say i went through depression because of it. With my 2nd there was no choice but to have a c-section so i agreed but this time i seem to be fine and my dream of a vbac could come true but my OB has rushed me by booking in a c-section only 5 days after my due date. The worst thing is hes scared me by saying that if i do go over it may cause placental issues which is dangerous for the baby especially with my history... if im my bp and everything is ok then why can this pregnancy not be seen as just a normal regular pregnancy.....??? :?

I just want whats best for my baby but i dont think my OB is supporting me the way he should be... I have my memebrane sweep on wednesday, lets see if anything starts withing the 48 hours time limit, fingers crossed! Ive never had one so im scared :shock:

Im just going to stick to the walking, hula hoop movements and just good old simple cleaning the house... I will definatly talk about Nipple stimulation with my midwife (i dont like trying things without consulting her, im just dont want to jeapordise my healthy pregnancy ;) )

Please carry on sending natural induction mehtods that worked for you... im curious to know what different things work for different people...

Thank you.
My son (first child) born via Emergency caesarean at 36+6 weeks (04/11/03) due to PE. Weighed 4lbs 1oz.
My daughter (second child) born at 33+4 weeks via Shceduled caesarean (19/07/07) due to SEVERE PE. Was in special care for 1 month. Weighed 3lbs 5oz.
My 2nd daughter (third child) born by successful Vaginal Birth after 2 c-sections (VBA2C) (26/05/11) full term at 40+1 weeks. Weighed 6lbs 10oz. PE FREE!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 pm

I've never been in labor. :)
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

blythe

Postby blythe » Fri May 13, 2011 08:16 am

Congratulations on staying healthy this pregnancy!!! I hope you get your v2back safely, but a good birth is one where mom and baby end up healthy :-D. It sounds like you already know that!

I have a lot of friends in the "natural" community and one other thing I've heard of is to get a breast pump and start pumping. What I've been told (I don't know how accurate it is!) is that the let-down stimulates natural oxytocin in your body and might help stimulate labor.

Good luck!!
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH

thaiba2000

Postby thaiba2000 » Fri May 13, 2011 03:13 am

Please help me somebody...Im starting to think a c-section would be a great idea now...i just want my baby right now.

Ive read so much about inducing tips on the net but i need to know what kind of techniques helped you...

Thank you

thaiba2000

Vba2c...natural inducing advice needed

Postby thaiba2000 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 am

Anyone have any ideas on how to induce labour naturally? Im trying for a vba2c. My two previous c-sections were due to Pre-eclampsia. My OB supports me in Vbac as long as PE stays away and that i must labour on my own. :)

Im currently 38 weeks and im scared that i wont labour before my due date. My due date is 25th May. ...My ob has booked my c-section for the 31st, only 5 days after my due date. He wont let me go over just incase i have placental issues... :cry:

Ive tried walking. Im drinking rasberry leaf tea which i dont like the taste off unfortuneatly. Im hoovering/vacumming for no reason. Doing hula hoop movemnts. Is there anything i can try that will actually work???

Return to “Ask the Experienced”