22 Weeks, BP up - any positive experiences

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
nov_mum

Re: 22 Weeks, BP up - any positive experiences

Postby nov_mum » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Well, I sat down to have my lunch today and got some weird visuals that didn't go away for a wee bit. We starting to worry as given my other symptoms I knew it was BP playing up. I let my MW know and she popped over to check my BP. I earned myself two days off work for now. I am waiting to see if it goes down and hoping to have a relaxing night before seeing the Dr tomorrow. I am hoping they just give me instructions over the phone to increase the meds and hope that work. It doesn't seem high enough to make a special trip just yet.

patty

Postby patty » Wed Jul 06, 2011 08:17 pm

Thanks for updating. Glad you are still hanging in there :)
Patty mom to: Seth 6-24-95 (severe preeclampsia that got worse postpartum, delivered at 36 weeks), Brooks 9-11-98 (preeclampsia delivered at 35weeks), Sylvia 5-24-01(my only girl, PIH delivered at 38 weeks), Raleigh 2-19-06 (born on my 37th birthday, severe preeclamsia, 3 weeks of hospital bedrest, delivered at 34 weeks) and last but not least little Randall 5-07-08, 3lbs 11oz.(severe preeclampsia, a month of hospital bedrest, delivered at 31weeks, 25days in the NICU with RDS, chest tubes and NEC)

nov_mum

Postby nov_mum » Wed Jul 06, 2011 02:35 pm

Well, I am ticking along and am now 26 +4!! I am really pleased we are here as I know that if things change we still have a really good chance of bubs doing pretty well. I think it is time for an increase in meds. I have had horrible headaches for about a week now and BP is often sitting up around 144/96. This am was 150/96 and 144/100 after resting for 10 mins. I think codeine takes the edge off the headaches but I am not happy to be so reliant on it. Just to get through the day. I have a scan and Drs appointment tomorrow so am hoping nothing new is on the horizon. I have the opposite of white coat hypertension though so I am betting I get there and my BP is perfect! I am taking my list of recordings anyway. The OB I have has the personality of a dish cloth, if you ask her a question she just stares at you and says, "I do not know, we will continue".

Anyway, I have great hopes we will see the otherside of 30 weeks and may even get to term....that may be slightly optimistic hehehe

lornarose

Postby lornarose » Wed Jun 15, 2011 02:12 pm

I'm good most of the time. I find this site very useful in processing what happened to me and baby last October. I am currently weighing up the pro's and cons of ttc a second baby. I am enjoying my little one everyday and just trying to come to decision that is best for me, baby and DH. I am 34 years old so I suppose I do not have time on my side. My girl brings me immense joy and I'm glad to have her in my life. I just wish pregnancy had been easier but that's why we are on this site, trying to find answers. I wish you well with your little one and it is good that she is measuring so well on your scan . Positive thoughts going your way.xx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.

nov_mum

Postby nov_mum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 01:47 pm

Thanks Lornarose, how are things going with you??

lornarose

Postby lornarose » Wed Jun 15, 2011 08:34 am

Good luck Nov Mom, fingers crossed for you. Thankyou for keeping us up to date. Greetings from Ireland. It's 2.30pm here, it must be very late in NZ. Cyber hugs.x
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.

nov_mum

Postby nov_mum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 04:18 am

Hi there

Thought I might update with what has happened so far. BP meds seem to be holding for now which is great news. They make me feel awful but I can deal with awful and sedated. I had a scan today and am 23+3 but bubs measuring 23+5 so that is fantastic that she is ahead of things rather than behind. The was an issue with a ? uterine artery and some resistance which was in normal range but high so they want to scan me again on Tuesday. My protein was up today but just under normal range at 17 (normal range 0-18). Up to 30 is tolerated in pregnancy and after that it is diagnostic. So am crossing my fingers that it is blip on the radar but experience tells me it is the start of the protein : ( Hopefully it rises slowly and stalls. The bloods were all good so as long as that and the BP are stable, and bubs is ok, we are set to incubate for a time yet. Am being seen 2x weekly so they are monitoring us well.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Fri Jun 10, 2011 06:42 am

Im my last pregnancy I was on meds from the start. I was on labetelol. I do not rememebr the dose. At 20 weeks my pressures shot up. The labetelol would no longer do the trick no matter what the dose. I was switched to nifedepine. It worked great for quite some time but my pressures finally became unmanageable and I was induced somewhere between 34-35 weeks. My baby spent 18 days i the NICU but is thriving and doing great. I am a chronic hypertensive and also have underlying disorders. I was also on LDA this pregnancy. Hopefully your pressures will behave. Keep us posted.
Jamie
DD Carly 7-1-04 PE at 37 weeks (6 lbs 9 oz)
DD Anna 12-3-07 PE at 24 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks after 13 weeks bedrest, gestational diabetes, and oligo. This sweet baby has cerebral palsy and epilepsy thanks to my dear friend PE (5 lbs 15 oz)
DS Gabe 2-24-11 at 35 weeks for chronic HTN with superimposed PIH (5 lb 13 oz) 18 NICU days
http://www.ourlifeinholland.blogspot.com

nov_mum

Postby nov_mum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 03:42 am

Thank you all for your posts ladies. It is great to hear that I should have a number of weeks up my sleeve. I have a scan Wednesday so I will be paying more attention to how big she is getting and what her estimated weight is. I am hoping she is strong and growing fast!!

Last two pregnancies I was further along and was induced but able to deliver vaginally. Does anyone know with earlier babies if section is the safest route or if I will have the option of vaginal? I am happy ot do what ever is best for bubs but I do have two toddlers so I guess avoiding surgery is the best option where possible.

patty

Postby patty » Thu Jun 09, 2011 07:48 pm

I got the impression from my docs that the methyldopa was not as strong a bp drug as the other 2 you have taken previously. But Maybe they are starting with something milder since you are so early. It will make you very sleepy though. In my last pregnancy my bp started going up about the same time as you. By 27 weeks I had protein and got stuck on hospital bedrest then delivered at 31 weeks. So it is possible to get considerable more time baking in even if bp starts to go up early. Like others said maybe the full blown pre-e will stay away a while longer. It is also quite possible that as pp mention you may end up having chronic hypertension problems (I am now chronic too) and that is what is making your bp go up from the stress of pregnancy. Good Luck and I hope you hang in there for a long while yet.
Patty mom to: Seth 6-24-95 (severe preeclampsia that got worse postpartum, delivered at 36 weeks), Brooks 9-11-98 (preeclampsia delivered at 35weeks), Sylvia 5-24-01(my only girl, PIH delivered at 38 weeks), Raleigh 2-19-06 (born on my 37th birthday, severe preeclamsia, 3 weeks of hospital bedrest, delivered at 34 weeks) and last but not least little Randall 5-07-08, 3lbs 11oz.(severe preeclampsia, a month of hospital bedrest, delivered at 31weeks, 25days in the NICU with RDS, chest tubes and NEC)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”