Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Pre-existing kidney disease anyone else?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Pre-existing kidney disease anyone else?

Postby snpdrgn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 02:22 am

by snpdrgn (18 Posts), Fri Jun 10, 2011 02:22 am

I developed a kidney disease DURING my last pregnancy that never went so now I am starting out this pregnancy with one and according to my MFM doc I am ***EXTREMELY*** high risk for pre-e (I already was leaking 2+ grams of protein during first trimester this time).

Anyone else have a kidney or renal disease that cause them to develop pre-e? How did it all go down? I mean we have discussed scenarios up to delivering at 23 1/2 weeks to 34 weeks and anywhere in between. I am only 14 weeks now but its all kind of a wait and see but definitely doesnt look promising. I mean we even discussed temporary kidney failure :shock:
snpdrgn

Re: Pre-existing kidney disease anyone else?

Postby 7theaven » Fri Jun 17, 2011 06:23 pm

by 7theaven (17 Posts), Fri Jun 17, 2011 06:23 pm

Yep, I have kidney damage from having diabetes for 33+yrs. This last pregnancy, I started out spilling 824g protein in a 24hr urine. I developed super imposed pre-eclampsia. At 31wks my protein was 2000g+ and my blood pressures shot up and although my pih labs looked good, my bp was so high they worried about a possible stroke. I was given steroids shots at 28wks and spent a week on mag before being sent home on bedrest. It was at a routine nst that my pressures shot back up and they decided it was enough.

I have a friend that also has a kidney disorder who also developed pre-e. She made it to 37wks. It just shows that every case is different. You may surprise the doctors and make it to term. I would just suggest seeing a maternal fetal medicine doctor (perinatologist) who can keep a close eye on you. Good luck
Mom to many, all with pre-e.
One of my miracles, dd 12/07 25wks 1lb13oz, severe pre-e/hellp
My new miracle 5/28/11 31wks severe pre-e
7theaven

Re: Pre-existing kidney disease anyone else?

Postby riehlism » Fri Jun 17, 2011 07:03 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Fri Jun 17, 2011 07:03 pm

My co-worker has a genetic kidney problem. She's actually gone through 3 kidneys already. She was pregnant with her son when she developed eclampsia. She had 13 seizures before they could deliver. Her son was born at 29 weeks. He is doing great. He's 6'4", going to UC Berkeley, and double majoring in Biology (with med school hopes) and music. He was very growth restricted, but clearly turned out well.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Return to Ask the Experienced