Looking for advice with 3rd Pregnancy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
celticepona

Re: Looking for advice with 3rd Pregnancy

Postby celticepona » Sun Jan 12, 639253 3:51 pm

It sounds like you are in good hands. Unfortunately with no cure or prevention you are doing the best thing by seeing a competent and proactcive peri. :) They will keep a close eye on you and will do everything possible to keep you and your baby safe for as long as possible. :)
Amy. DH Rich.
Emily born 04/01/04 @ 37 weeks. 5.bs 15 oz. Severe PE. Strict leftside bedrest 3 weeks before delivery, 2 weeks postpartum. Postpartum PE.
Isabelle born 04/19/08 @ 37 weeks. 6lbs 9 oz. PE. Under care of high risk peri and bp meds throughout preg.
IT'S A GIRL! Faith Michelle" due 06/18/11. Under care of high risk peri. On Aldomet for bps and antinausea meds.

riehlism

Re: Looking for advice with 3rd Pregnancy

Postby riehlism » Wed Jan 01, 639253 2:22 am

I started to have high blood pressure readings at around 22 weeks. I was eventually admitted to the hospital at 23+4 (Oddly, I am 23+4 today with my second pregnancy). My BPs were labile and and proteins remained slightly above diagnostic at 324g. On 24+6 my BP shot up to 235/115, my platelets started to drop and my liver enzymes started to rise. Hello HELLP. I delivered my son that night and he did not survive the delivery. I had betamethasone a few days prior to help with lung development.

While there are lots of us here who lost our babies early, it really does depend on how fast or slow preeclampsia may develop. Clearly, mine was pretty fast. However, there are many posters who have reported being diagnosed early, but have slow-moving PE. It can be slow enough to allow you to get closer to term. Unfortunately, there's no way of telling if yours will be fast, slow, or anything in between.

It is good that you and your doctor are on the same page. Now it's just a matter of developing a plan with him. Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully other ladies with much happier endings will post here as well.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

CBODWAY

Looking for advice with 3rd Pregnancy

Postby CBODWAY » Tue Dec 31, 639252 9:42 am

I am 19 weeks pregnant and having some concerns. In the last 2 weeks my blood pressures have started to rise and I also am having continuous headaches, nausea and some swelling in feet and ankles. I saw a perinatoligist yesterday and they are going to start monitoring me very closely, he thinks there is a 70% or higher chance that I will end up with Pre-eclamplsia. They have started me on blood pressure meds. With my first pregnancy (son is 9) I had boderline PIH, with my second (son is 5) I had PIH and than preeclampsia at 37 weeks. The doctor was very forward with me about the risks and that depending on severity and baby growth they could deliver baby anytime after 24 weeks, if I get past that they will start doing amnio after 30 weeks to check the lung maturity. I am very concerned about having a premature baby, anyone have a similar experience they can share with me and the outcome, I know every situation is different but, I want to be prepared.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”