scared for my sister

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jend01

Re: scared for my sister

Postby jend01 » Wed Mar 12, 639253 3:33 am

Yes, I gave her my BP monitor and she is on 30mg of labetalol. Her neurologist saw her today, they weren't able to do the MRI yet because of the insurance. Her dr thinks that her BP may have been getting too low and causing her to be light headed and dizzy and thinks that she just had a migrane. I know that she is worried becasue she knows how bad it can get so anxiety is also a problem. She is doing much better today :D
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)

riehlism

Re: scared for my sister

Postby riehlism » Fri Feb 28, 639253 4:37 pm

Has anyone been checking her BP? There can be a chance that she is developing postpartum preeclampsia. Please have her contact her doctor and have her check her BP at home.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

jend01

scared for my sister

Postby jend01 » Fri Feb 28, 639253 3:05 pm

My sister had her baby girl on june 29th, she is going home tonight! That's the good news :)

Unfortunatley, my sister has been having bad headaches and seeing spots! She has been home for about a wekk and they have been coming on and off! From my experience "the headache" was not an on and off kind of thing, it was so intense and constant I could not even move. I am really scared for her, I di not want her to go through what I did.

Could the on and off headaches be a symptom of eclampsia, she had a CT before the baby was born, there was no brain swelling, but the doctors did see something (I forget what she said exactly, I will update when I find out again)

I am very worried about her, any advice.
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”