Puppps

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
breannesmith55

Re: Puppps

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 07, 639262 9:36 am

I did not have a rash with my first pregnancy (23 week eclampsia) I had the pupps rash with my second pregnancy, about the same time my blood pressure started to rise week 37, I was never diagnosed with pre e the second time around just pih a week before my scheduled c section. however my rash lasted 2 months after the pregnancy it was all over my stomach and legs, since then i have been having unusual rashes off and on around my eyes on my face.
Breanne- 23- mom to
Branson 8/19/07 (23 weeks emergant c section. eclampsia)
Brinlee 1/3/2011 (38 weeks c section no pre e :) pih, pupps)

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Dec 25, 639255 4:02 pm

Well, both conditions are immune responses to pregnancy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are related...
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

Leahhw

Postby Leahhw » Thu Dec 23, 639255 9:43 am

I too had PUPPPS when pregnant and believe I suffered undiagnosed pre eclampsia, unfortunately will never know now for sure. Will be watching this post with great interest, am pregnant with number 2 and praying like mad it's not a repeat! Did your PUPPP settle after birth? Mine took a very long time to settle down, unlike what they told me would happen, and the swelling and high BP lasted for quite some time to settle also, hard to believe they aren't related!

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Dec 14, 639255 4:14 am

well, it could have been the rash you are talking about... I don't know because my doctor told me it was puppps and when I checked it out online, the rash matched the puppps rashes online, but if they look the same, then that could have been it!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Tue Dec 14, 639255 3:38 am

I wonder if the rash was petechiae? It's often caused by extreme pressure to one area (you have to be careful when taking BP with a cuff that's too small cause it can cause this "rash" that is actually small broken blood vessels) Anyhow, this is a sign of pre eclampsia too. I never got it--Just read about it after my daughter was born at 32 weeks and we were wanting to try for our second (only took us 4 1/2 years to get enough courage to do it!)..I just wanted to be up on all the signs and symptoms--even the less common ones!

jend01

Postby jend01 » Mon Dec 13, 639255 12:55 am

My sister just had a bad rash on her belly a few weeks ago. The docs sent her to the hospital and she delivered a few days later. Her DD was born at 34+a few days. She still escalted into eclampsia 3 weeks after the baby was born. It would be interesting to kjnow if her rash was some sort of sign?
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)

ktsl123

Postby ktsl123 » Wed Dec 01, 639255 6:25 pm

I did have little bumps on my belly, but that was like 2 months before I got preeclampsia and they went away before I got PE. That is normal preg stuff.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

cmccaffrey

Puppps

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Nov 30, 639255 11:58 am

Did any of you experience a rash or any kind leading up to your delivery? Before I was diagnosed with Preeclampsia, I kept going to the doctor to get medication for my rash (it was all over my belly and legs), that's when they discovered my high blood pressure. The doctors told me it was puppps, but I think it may have had something to do with my liver functions and preeclampsia. I just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else suffered from strange skin rashes.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

Return to “Ask the Experienced”