A little upset after this mornings appt

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
steffthomas

Re: A little upset after this mornings appt

Postby steffthomas » Sun Sep 18, 2011 05:06 pm

LOL well you're better than I am. I just wanted to make it to 32 weeks because then I was convinced she'd be ok. I am SO much bigger this time. I feel like a cow. I CANNOT wait till the end of this. I am literally miserable at this point in time. I can't even get out of the tub. BUT Ya know what.. they'll be here before we know it. So we'll just complain and whine to each other and hopefully make it to October trouble free then it should be smooth sailing!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Wed Sep 14, 2011 02:11 pm

Oh, bless you for your patience!! :D I'm so done with this pregnancy. I think it's a serious disadvantage that my last ended at 36w because now that is my only goal. I don't want to go past it!! That's terrible, isn't it? But as of now, this boy is measuring about 5.5lbs and he's so heavy. I'm a tiny little person (just barely 5ft tall), so this is a great big baby for me (but hello, I carried 12lbs of baby last time - I keep thinking I should really just suck it up). But you are doing so well and that baby will be a good size to go home!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 02:07 pm

lol exactly! i have worried myself through the last 34 weeks! I was telling my husband it's amazing how LONG a pregnancy can seem. We got pregnant the first month of trying and knew pretty much a few weeks into the pregnancy. Part of me wishes I would have been one of those people who was like 8 or 9 weeks a long before I knew because then I could have saved myself a few months of worrying!!!!!

z1ggy23

Postby z1ggy23 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 01:07 pm

so glad your mind is at ease. 4-4.5lbs is great :)

Just keep hanging in there and try not to worry too much (ha! so much easier to say than do)
Brandilyn, loving wife and mom to three PIH/CHT/PE babies
M (8/07) 38w1d
L (9/09) 37w3d
E (9/11) 37w

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 06:47 am

All is well! Baby was measuring between 4 and 4 1/2 lbs, thank God! I know what you're saying about just being ready. I am nervous because I don't know what to expect. I just think of it this way... pretty soon I'll only have 3 weeks left till 37, everything has been good so far, so hopefully I'm not pushing my luck, but my next goal after 34, is 37. To be considered term and possibly go home with a "real sized" baby would be amazing!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Mon Sep 12, 2011 02:02 pm

My date is Oct 30, so we're right there together! My OB won't let me go past 39 weeks, though (you might have seen all the mess that's bothering me on your post about inducing early...). but I've definitely dropped and everyone has said it's about the time for that to happen. I'm happy he's headed that way - I want him out soon!! (like less than 6 weeks isn't soon enough?? I know I'm in a crazy place right now - I just want the baby here already.)
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Mon Sep 12, 2011 09:17 am

LOL I haven't ever had a big baby belly!! I get it everywhere else. I'm surprised my behind can fit through a doorway lol!

Anyhow, we're getting there!!! What is your exact due date? Mine is Oct. 28!!! I CANNOT believe that it's September already. I'm just praying that the doc is right and that she has dropped far into my pelvis. But that also got me thinking, I wonder if dropping into the pelvis around 33 weeks is early or if that's when it happens usually? Tomorrow is the U/S so I'll post an update when I know something!! All I want is a healthy baby! That's it! At almost 34 weeks, I'm pretty confident that she will be ok, but I just need her to grow! IUGR is NOT my friend!!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Thu Sep 08, 2011 08:49 pm

I'm a little different case, but I think this will help you feel better, too. Of course, with my twins I was stretched gigantically. But I lost all my weight (maybe 3 or 4 lbs hung on) before this pregnancy. For the last 2 months, I have measured (just my belly) 5 weeks ahead. This boy is measuring 2 weeks ahead right now, but my belly is just huge. My Ob usually does not offer to tell me what my belly measures - that's how big I am. i think she's worried I'll be upset! But you're here at the end with me and baby is supposed to gain 1/2lb a week at this point. So they are just putting on weight and fattening up! I'm sure it's normal growth.
Hubby (27)

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Thu Sep 08, 2011 06:17 pm

Wow! 7 something at 36+2 is good! See, all this makes me feel better! After one experience with IUGR, I'd really rather not do it again lol..but then I did have severe pre eclampsia--and none of that now!

I'm just hoping that the U/S looks good! My doctor doesn't seem nervous at all and quite honestly I'm glad to be getting an U/S because I just like to know for SURE that she's growing!! I can't imagine losing a child, which is why we were so scared to try again, and now that we are past the point where my daughter was born, I am relieved, but almost expecting something to happen!! But she is just a kickin a way in there so she's gotta be doing pretty well lol! I'm just praying for no nicu this time!!!

christina89

Postby christina89 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 03:17 pm

I was starting to get signs of PE again. I had Eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks last year. I was getiing a few spots and what not my BP stayed good tho! I was having contractions every 5 min starting the Sunday and I went into the small hospital here they kept me over night then sent me home. I was so angry with them I drove 3 and a half hours the tuesday to go to my MFM and had my regular scan and right after it my contractions came stronger and every min. So for 19 hours it was every min or so then it was time to push and after 15 min of pushing her heart rate dropped so he used a vacuum to suck her out and she came out screaming. She had no NICU time just an iv for her blood sugar for about 12 hours!! Then 24 hours under the bili light and that's it. She stayed in our room with us the whole time. My hospital has a manditory 72 hours. Babys have to stay that long if they are early. So after that was up we were on our way home! Good luck to you its a long road but its so worth it. I worried like crazy threw out this whole pregnancy I didn't want to lose another child. It felt like forever but looking back. It did go pretty fast. And now I wake up everyday to my little turkey!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”