dull upper right quadrant pain?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
libby123

Re: dull upper right quadrant pain?

Postby libby123 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I am glad you called your doctor and mentioned your symptoms, I hope you hear back soon.

When I was pregnant, I had some issues with my body stretching and cramping at around 21 weeks as well. For me, it turned out to be round ligament pain which was just the baby getting bigger and stretching the uterus. I also had bad indigestion throughout my entire pregnancy, and for me it was not pre-e related.

I wish you the best of luck! Let us know what your doctor says, and we are here for you throughout your pregnancy.
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: dull upper right quadrant pain?

Postby aajatwins » Thu Mar 08, 2012 09:30 pm

I had that pain for weeks (maybe months) in my twin pregnancy. I also literally had a set of feet or knees in that same spot on every ultrasound, so we never thought much else about it. But from the beginning of that pregnancy, I had horrible heartburn all the time, too. My swelling didn't come on until the last couple of weeks (being around 34-36). My BP crept up slowly, so it was all very hard to put together.

I'm glad you called the doc! Those are all worth mentioning, especially when put together. Where are you swelling?
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

Jax2011

dull upper right quadrant pain?

Postby Jax2011 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 09:21 pm

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have noticed a dull annoying pain under my right ribcage for the last week. I also have horriable indegistion, some minor swelling and floaters that come and go. No elevated bp yet. I called my Dr today and am waiting for a call back.

Anyone have this before? What would you do with this pain?
Momma to DS born 30+3 at 2lbs 10oz to pre-e.
Baby #2 due in July 2012.... crossing our fingers for a pre-e free pregnacny!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”