will i make it to 36 weeks?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: will i make it to 36 weeks?

Postby librarymama09 » Fri May 25, 2012 08:23 am

Anybody else had a neurology consult when their headache wouldn't go away? That's what my doc has ordered.
librarymama09

Postby alviarin » Fri May 25, 2012 09:03 am

No i never had "the" headache, but it sounds like a consult couldn't hurt & might help. Have they checked your reflexes? Hyper reflexes can be a symptom of CNS involvement (in addition to severe headache & visual disturbances).

I'm glad you are in hospital getting checked out, it sounds like doc is taking your concerns seriously.

In your shoes, with URQ pain & now naseau, I'd want some blood drawn to check for HELLP syndrome.

Good luck, and please keep us posted as you are able.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri May 25, 2012 06:14 pm

I'm so glad a call to your doc straightened out L&D taking your situation seriously. Always seems its never what you know, but who you know! I too hope they'll be runnin' labs on ya and that you have a plan in place to make it to 36 weeks! :)

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby librarymama09 » Fri May 25, 2012 07:45 pm

Well all my labs are still clear but the neurologist ordered an MRI and more morphine and steroids to try and break the headache. Here's hoping it works!
librarymama09

Postby librarymama09 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 am

Final say seems to be a rare but serious migraine called status migranious, which is an unrelenting migraine that lasts more than 72 hours and is unresponsive to regular meds. It requires hospitalization and IV pain meds to break the cycle and stabilize the patient. Also, if untreated can lead to dehydration, and because of prolonged dialation of your blood vessles an incresed risk for stroke. It is tricky to manage during pregnancy but still possible.

I learned some valuable lessons: 1) always talk to your doc before heading to labor and delivery -- even if they st its okay to head over without that. I think that made. World of differnce her hearing it from me and not third hand from the nurse. 2) report bad nurses. The incompetent nurse I had 9 days ago who ignored my remarks about my severe headache and did not communicate to the on call doc how serious it was cost me a week of agony and two days in the hospital on morphine just to feel human again. She upset me so much the first time I felt it was useless to come in again until my doc stressed how serious it was. 3) record your bp and push for bp meds if your doc is reluctant. My doc wanted more.high bp readings before.she would prescribe them and so.I started journaling them. I believe that helped.

Now that that horrific migraine is under control my bps are much better laying down, still go up some when sitting up so I'm still on bedrest but I am relieved all my labs are normal, the baby is fine, I'm not stroking out, and the MRI showed no major abnormalities.

Thank you everyone who posted to encourage me to advocate for Myself and reassure me I wasn't going crazy! This forum is a real comfort.
librarymama09

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced