advice please?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
JJ

advice please?

Postby JJ » Sun May 27, 2012 06:45 pm

Hi,

I'm 33 weeks pregnant. I have had pregnancy induced hypertension since about 30 weeks with bp around 165 over 110 at its worst. Was in hospital for a week trying to get the bp down with medication. So I'm now on 500 mg of methyldopa 3 times per day and 10 mg of nifedapine twice per day. I've had to take my maternity leave early because I can't possibly work when taking the methyldopa as they make me so drowsy. So far I have only had a trace of protein in my water when having weekly check ups and my bp has remained controlled so no one seems concerned. However, I can't help but feel that something is not quite right because of the extreme water retention in my hands, feet and face. I know some swelling is normal but I can't get any shoes on my feet. I've had to buy flip flops especially, a size too big as that's the only thing that will fit and they still leave a dent! I tell the midwife about my swelling but she doesn't seem concerned as it's not accompanied by protein in my water. So far I have had no other signs of pe but I don't want to wait for it to get to a severe stage but I have a strong feeling its more than just pih. I did have a head ache that lasted all dc a few days ago but nothing since. I tested my urine this morning and there was a plus of protein but not later on. Baby is moving fine, am I right to be concerned or just paranoid please help

Return to “Ask the Experienced”