Post Reply FAQ Members Login

FSC test

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

FSC test

Postby cgoodi1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 am

by cgoodi1 (72 Posts), Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 am

My doctor's getting me to have a blood test done to look at my FSC levels since there's still protein in my urine. Anyone know what FSC has to do with it or with the preeclampsia I had three and a half months ago?
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Re: FSC test

Postby caryn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 04:10 pm

by caryn (10110 Posts), Thu Jun 07, 2012 04:10 pm

I am not sure what FSC stands for, here. It could be Free Serum Creatinine, possibly? Or Free Secretory Component? One of those is looking at kidney function and the other at immune response...
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced