Post Reply FAQ Members Login

fatty liver of pregnacy/ HELLP and 3eg pregnancy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

fatty liver of pregnacy/ HELLP and 3eg pregnancy

Postby kristal1213 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 09:01 pm

by kristal1213 (31 Posts), Sun Jun 10, 2012 09:01 pm

Well Im not really thinking of getting preggo again, I have just been thinking about birth control and permanent options, but it has made me have baby fever. I have had HELLP twice. At 36 weeks with my son and 27 weeks with my daughter. both are doing well now.
I have an IUD mirena, and lately have felt flutters, apparently this is common with this type of BC. I thought what would happen if I happened to get pregnant again? Could I go on to have a full term pregnancy?
Has anyone had HELLP twice and had a healthy 3ed?
I also was wondering if anyone knows much about fatty liver of pregnancy? What is the difference between that and hellp? The reason I ask is I had the worst itching every when I preggo with my daughter very very bad itching. may hands and palms and every were, my liver was checked and nothing was out of range.
kristal1213

Re: fatty liver of pregnacy/ HELLP and 3eg pregnancy

Postby alexis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 06:40 am

by alexis (305 Posts), Mon Jun 11, 2012 06:40 am

Pregnancy with Mirena is very unlikely. If it happens, there is a much higher risk of ectopic or miscarriage, or you may miscarry when they remove the IUD. I do know of one term pregnancy on Mirena (the IUD was removed and the pregnancy continued--interestingly, she had severe preeclampsia that pregnancy despite 2 previous normal pregnancies).

Cholestasis involves the flow of bile to the liver--it gets blocked, bile levels go up, and you itch. (I also happen to know someone who had both PE and ICP in the same pregnancy. No HELLP, though.)
Chronic hypertension
Aliza - 01/05/2007 - Severe preeclampsia, emergency CS 37 weeks
Isaac - 09/26/2011 - controlled on 150mg Toprol, NO PE, 39 weeks!
alexis
Forum Moderator

Re: fatty liver of pregnacy/ HELLP and 3eg pregnancy

Postby Leeanne » Wed Jun 13, 2012 04:32 am

by Leeanne (2 Posts), Wed Jun 13, 2012 04:32 am

A family member 2nd cousin of mine had HELLP and pre eclampsia with her first and 2nd. She was 26 weeks with her first child, 29 weeks with her 2nd. They did further testing and found she was homozygous for MTHFR gene and took various medications. She got to 35 weeks with her third. All children are healthy and so is she. I wish there was something that could give us all a more specific guideline. I had HELLP and pre - eclampsia at 22 weeks and have had 3 miscarriages since, and one I haemorrhaged severly. I also would like to know of peoples journeys and success with future pregnancies. leeanne
Leeanne

Return to Ask the Experienced