Post Reply FAQ Members Login

how long did you have labile bps?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

how long did you have labile bps?

Postby Ecrc84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 09:37 am

by Ecrc84 (25 Posts), Mon Jun 11, 2012 09:37 am

Bp started going up 3 days ago (been dx with mild pre e since protein over 300). Been as high as 156/88. Then the next day, in low 140s/mid 70s. Yesterday was high 130s/mid 70s. Just took it this morning.... 108/72. I am on labetalol 100mg/2x and have been for 3 years now.
Ecrc84

Re: how long did you have labile bps?

Postby kkinnell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 03:32 pm

by kkinnell (13 Posts), Mon Jun 11, 2012 03:32 pm

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious too. Mine have been labile for 5 or 6 weeks now, but seem to be trending upward, and I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia two weeks ago. I'm not on blood pressure medication, so I imagine that changes things as well. Good luck to you!
kkinnell

Re: how long did you have labile bps?

Postby meghanjs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am

by meghanjs (8 Posts), Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am

I cannot tell if you are currently pregnant or postpartum: My documented labile b/ps started at 26 weeks, although i had symptoms about 8 weeks prior to that. Postpartum labile b/ps: I delivered April 2010 and although I am not on Nifedipine or Labetalol anymore, I was for the first post partum year and still have labile b/ps. I started pregnancy at 90s/50s (a place I had been for as long as I can remember, because I ran 40 miles a week - 20 miles a week up until 26 weeks gestation and my PE), and now my "normal" is about 124/84 with elevations to the 140s/90s, when I am tired especially. My cardiologist asks me to keep track of my b/ps and to be careful about estrogen containing medications (eg. birth control pills for the most part, but later, if I wanted to help my menopause symptoms once I arrive there). He cannot tell me whether or not I will end up with permanent hypertension further down the line, but he will treat it aggressively knowing that i had PE (once we do decide to go down that road). He is not willing to treat the labile b/ps until we don't really call them labile anymore (meaning once I permanently elevate my blood pressures) - most of the reason being how labile hypotensive I was on 50mg (a half of the smallest dosage they make) of Labetalol. I definitely do feel my blood pressure changes, but am very aware of my body. I wonder in general how much of the population is labile (even at rest), and if because of our histories we are much more in tune and much more aggressive about treating it?
meghanjs

Return to Ask the Experienced