how long can you go with "mild" pre-e?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

how long can you go with "mild" pre-e?

Postby Jax2011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 02:13 pm

Diagnosied today with mild pre-e with just elevated protein. BPs are going up slowly and the headache and swelling has started. This is nothing like pre-e with my first son which my first sign was massive swelling at 22 weeks. My doctor is letting me remain at home for now but said if my bp go up to 140/90 then to call her and I will have to go in. I am currently 35 weeks and just feel pre-e yucky.

Has anyone made it weeks on bedrest with mild pre-e or does it tend to increase?
Momma to DS born 30+3 at 2lbs 10oz to pre-e.
Baby #2 due in July 2012.... crossing our fingers for a pre-e free pregnacny!
Jax2011

Re: how long can you go with "mild" pre-e?

Postby alviarin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 05:29 pm

Average time from diagnosis to delivery is two weeks, but that includes women who worsen quickly in a matter of hours and those who have limped along with mild symptoms for weeks or even months.

Good news is you are already 35 weeks. How often are your appointments now?
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: how long can you go with "mild" pre-e?

Postby Jax2011 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 04:07 am

I go every week and have been since 28 weeks... We are already 5 weeks past when I gave birth to my first son so ive never been this far into pregnancy. I'm expecting my dr to put me in the hospital next week. Well see.
Momma to DS born 30+3 at 2lbs 10oz to pre-e.
Baby #2 due in July 2012.... crossing our fingers for a pre-e free pregnacny!
Jax2011

Return to Ask the Experienced