Hello again ladies-
I had my DD at 29 weeks and 5 days due to severe pre E last year. Now I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with another beautiful baby girl. I was started on BP meds around 13 weeks, and have stayed pretty stable until the last couple weeks. Wednesday night I ended up in labor in delivery with BP readings of 156/115 and it took and extra dose of lebetalol and a few hours to come down. They upped my dose to 300 3x a day and sent my on my way the next day since lab work was great. I got the results of my 24 hour urine today (260) which is good that it is not PreE but we are creeping ever closer, since my last one was 205. Than last night I had another reading of 155/99 and today it was back up to 143/90. So now I had to up my dose again to 300 4x a day. I am trying not to worry too much that all of a sudden meds are not seeming to control my BP anymore.
I am just so tired of the wondering when to call and when to be concerned, as well as the constant BP checking
Obviously i am BEYOND grateful for every day that we can keep her cooking, I sometimes just wish that I could fast forward the next few weeks, or peer in a crystal ball and know what was coming.
I am also just wondering if it happened this way for anyone else where the BP meds just quit working. And how long they were able to stretch it out for? My dr was hopeful that it would buy us a couple more weeks on Wednesday when I was sent home. But I am starting to doubt it will since another raise was already necessary. I think I still have a ways to go till I am maxed out since I am now at 1200 a day and I believe the max is 2400 (Correct me if I am wrong on this), I just hope it stops going up for at least a week or 2. I just so so want a baby that requires no NICU and that I can hold right away! Anyways thanks for listening to my vent!
[color=#FF0000]Mom to Isabella born 4/20/2011 delivered via c section due to sever Pre-E at 29 weeks 5 days.
Starting TTC again[/color]