Post Reply FAQ Members Login

~ Thinking of all of you ~

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

~ Thinking of all of you ~

Postby la1marti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

by la1marti (5 Posts), Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi, all. My name is Leila and back in March I was so lost, and completely overwhelmed about being on bedrest and the possibility of having my baby girl, Eleanor, at 31 weeks. I happened upon this site while I was in panic mode and the information made me feel better, reading other women's situation gave me calm and the 43 days (!!) in the NICU I felt armed with knowledge and have this support from people I'll never meet!

So to all new moms out there - I am praying for you. There is "a light at the end of the tunnel" whether good or bad, it's a blessing, its a lesson. I wish I had the "normal, healthy pregnancy" but as healthy as I ate, exercised, preeclampsia does occur. I wish I could have the first 43 days with her at home, but I didn't. I hug her as tightly as I can every day and praise the Lord that almost eight months later, we are here. She started at 3 pounds, 4.6 ounces and now is a "whopping" 16 pounds, 12 ounces. The fight is not over yet.....but I treasure every developmental milestones she hits.

My thoughts are with you all and I thank this site and this organization for the plethora of information and resources........
la1marti

Return to Ask the Experienced