by melissaa (185 Posts), Fri Nov 02, 2012 07:48 am
Yesterday I had an NST/OB appt in the morning. I dropped off my labs and started my NST and bp was 130/81 after sitting in the recliner for 15 minutes. They said baby was reactive but her strip looked almost identical to the strip earlier in the week when they couldnt determine a clear baseline. Her HR dropped a few times and so no one knows if it was stress or just close to baseline and it did it again yesterday. After sitting the entire 35 minutes on the NST, they checked my bp again and it was 136/87 (for some reason mine goes up with rest) I saw the OB who once again told me that my headaches and blurry vision were not from the PIH or anything and not concerning in the least, were still pushing on towards 39 weeks and to stop worrying about things. They ask me to keep BP log at home but then act like they dont believe me when I bring in numbers like 164/90, 145/85, and 151/92 (which is coming straight from my BP log this week) He said "I understand you get higher BP numbers at home but theyre fine here". I swear to them its b/c im up walking around there. When I sit and rest is when my headache starts back up stronger, my blurry vision gets worse (which sucks b/c this happens while im driving b/c im "sitting", and my bp goes up and up.
THEN, I went across the street to MFM for my follow up growth scan. Baby's growth was perfect, she was practice breathing..ect. The MFM came in and did a quick re-scan and talked to me about my history seemed concerned about my BP's being that high considering my normal is 90-100/50-60. A reading from earlier in my pregnancy was 95/50. I told her about my BP rising with rest and the headaches and blurry vision and asked her what her opinion was. She raised her eyebrows and said "if you looked at my funny I would deliver you right now" and that if I gave her any other reason at all she wouldnt hesitate with those BP's and those symptoms. She said in their office, they treat people with PIH and mild pre-e the same in the fact that they dont like to let them go past 37 weeks due to the pact that both diseases progress the same and they both eventually end up affecting the baby. They dont like to sit around and wait on things to happen. I feel SOO much more comfortable with her response b/c thats exactly how I feel. I feel like she was looking for an excuse TO deliver me, where as my OB is looking for every excuse not to and just waiting around on something bad to happen before he makes that call.
My OB nurse called on my way out the door to let me know my labs came back ok, My protein was back up to 198 after being 160 the week before and my platelets are still hoovering the 140-150 mark, liver enzymes and KF are still the same.
The thing is.. after I left I decided to call the MFM office back and ask if they could take over my care. The receptionist treated me like a new patient even though I told her Id been there twice and had already been referred and they had my records. She said she could gladly get me in but the soonest would be Nov. 16th. I will be 37 weeks then, so its frustrating. She said she could have a nurse call me but they never did yesterday. I REALLY want to see this dr but idk what to do. Last night I had a HORRENDOUS headache and blurry vision with bp of 150/90. What can I do? What should I do? If I call my OB, he's just going to say the same thing he has said all along.. "well you labs are fine so you're fine".
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)