My vision has...improved??!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

My vision has...improved??!

Postby kaxy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 09:15 pm

I just got back from my 3rd eye exam after becoming pregnant with my firstborn (he was born Dec. 2008). And each time, my prescription has made improvements. This last exam had my left eye go from a -4.00 to a -3.25! What.

Has anyone else ever experienced vision improvements after having children? I hope this trend continues for me!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: My vision has...improved??!

Postby jenh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 08:35 pm

I wore glasses before I had kids, not a very strong prescription but I'd get headaches with up-close work. When I was pregnant with my first, I found I'd have worse headaches with my glasses than without. I haven't worn them since, and it's been nearly 10 years. I had an eye exam a couple months ago, and they said I don't need anything. I knew being pregnant could change your prescription due to all the extra fluid and pressure, I didn't know it would be an improvement or that it would be permanent until it happened to me.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to two angels 12/05 and 7/08
Running a Marathon for the PF: http://www.whatyourunningfor.blogspot.com
jenh

Return to Ask the Experienced