Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Getting Better?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Getting Better?

Postby jayme » Thu Dec 13, 2012 08:29 pm

by jayme (139 Posts), Thu Dec 13, 2012 08:29 pm

I've posted here before, a few years back...
I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and I've been in the hospital on bed rest since 28 weeks. I initially went to L&D because of bleeding (I have placenta previa) and during the course of my stay for that (My dr likes to keep you 7 days from a bleed to ensure it's fully stopped) I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Again.

I had pre-e in my first pregnancy where I delivered at 36 weeks and my most recent one where I delivered twins at 33 weeks- and HELLP in two others (23 week stillbirth, 25 weeker who died after 9 weeks in the NICU). So this isn't my first time dealing with all of this.

When I came in for the bleed, they took me off of the Lovenox and haven't put me back on. They've also increased my Labatelol. Normally I take 200mg 2x a day when not pregnant and in the beginning of this pregnancy they increased it to 300 2x a day, and I'm currently at 400 2x a day.

They ran all the baseline labs in the beginning of pregnancy, including a 24 hour urine. My baseline was in the lower 200's. They've been running the blood work every three days and the 24 hour urine weekly- and two weeks ago my protein was at 303. Yesterday's came back at 245. Additionally, my platelets have even increased over the last couple of tests.

All this time, I've had no other symptoms whatsoever.

I'm really surprised to see my labs getting better. Has this happened to anyone else?
Jayme
Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8, Twin Boys 3
23 week loss, 24 week loss, and a 25 weeker who lived 9 weeks.
Currently expecting another boy, due Feb. 6
jayme

Re: Getting Better?

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm

by MomTimesThree (559 Posts), Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm so sorry for the losses you've endured. And being on hospital bedrest- oy! Glad you're being closely watched at the same time oy! I imagine it's very difficult with kiddos at home.

I don't have experience with platelet levels, my 24 hour though did bounce around. Most drastic was from 630 to 295. But along the way went up and down at least one other time, we have a slow pre-e progression so I had lots of 24hrs.

I hope you are able to remain stable for many more weeks!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced