Antibody little "c"

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Antibody little "c"

Postby LauraBeck12 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 04:48 pm

I got a call from my OB telling me that i am positive for anti-c.
I did some internet reading and noticed a correlation between women who have had pre-eclampsia and these antibodies n other forums.
This is my second pregnancy and no one mentioned anything like this for my first pregnancy that developed early onset severe pre-e.
My OB think that i am positive now because of the blood transfusion that i needed with my son.

I'm trying not to think the worst.... especially because we still know so little.
I go in for further blood tests tomorrow and my husband will be tested as well.
I feel like with the threats of pre-e reoccurring as high as they are and now this news, that it may mean another loss? Or at least the odds are stacking against us more then i had hoped.

Does anyone know anything about this antibody or have first hand experiences of their own?
I wold love to hear some good outcomes right about now.
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Re: Antibody little "c"

Postby caryn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 05:55 pm

Have you gotten the tests back yet?

I don't know much about this off the top of my head, but will go look.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced