AFTER DELIVERY

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

AFTER DELIVERY

Postby kalmarie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 09:32 pm

My daughter is now 19 months old during my pregnancy i had the terrifying experience of going from mild preeclampsia to severe within a matter of hours. Luckily we are both fine now and she is just as happy as any other baby girl. My only concern now is after the stress your kidneys go thru during preeclampsia should a kidney infection be of greater concern for me? I'm quite worried about this, ive been fighting bladder infections on and off for 6 months and because the symptoms of bladder infections are so similar to those of endometriosis of which i also suffer from this recent infection went untreated and has subsequently caused a kidney infection. Is there a greater chance of kidney damage or antibiotics not treating it properly?? I have a unique medical situation where i do not have one physician or a steady Gyno, and find myself in the posistion of explaining mmy entire medical history each visit, i feel that without the familiarity of one dr to treat each illness they are at a disadvantage with the severity of any medical concern. Please if anyone has any advice or has had this problem your experience would be greatly appreciate. Oh and i do have an appt with gyno in a week but as i said different dr than who i saw with my pregnancy. Thank you
kalmarie

Re: AFTER DELIVERY

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Jan 31, 2013 00:41 am

I'm not sure the research side of things, I'm sure someone with more experience in that area can speak to that. From personal experience I can say that with our 3rd pregnancy (after the 2nd was pre-eclamptic) we spilled a higher than normal level of protein at the start of the pregnancy and our doctor said it might have been due to damage from our previous pregnancy. We had levels checked post partum to ensure things were back down to a healthy level and my GP will be following those levels more closely for the next year or so.

Super frustrating to not have one consistant person to manage your care. It's so hard to be your own walking medical record! Our doctors always laughed at me because I came in with a big folder of records and labs because I was managing my care between doctors in different cities. :)

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced