Anyone else had shortened cervix with pre-e?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Anyone else had shortened cervix with pre-e?

Postby whereowhere » Tue Apr 02, 2013 06:21 pm

Just wondering if anyone else had that as a possible symptom of preeclampsia. I had pre-e at 21 weeks with twins, but was put on bed rest at around 18 weeks due to a shortened cervix and funneling of the cervix, discovered after I was having painless contractions. I still did not have high blood pressure nor protenuria, although rising bp until just before I delivered at 21 weeks. Due to the fact it was my first pregnancy carried past the first trimester, the docs don't know if I have cervical issues or whether it was from carrying twins. In this pregnancy where I am carrying one baby, I am now 14.5 weeks. For the first time this week a doc mentioned that my shortened cervix could have been a symptom of pre-e. I had always wondered about that before too. Anyone else here have that?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: Anyone else had shortened cervix with pre-e?

Postby Asrj02 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 06:12 pm

I'm not sure at all but I would like to say we have the same due date. If you want a pregnancy buddy let me know. :)
Asrj02

Re: Anyone else had shortened cervix with pre-e?

Postby whereowhere » Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:02 pm

I would love that, that is interesting, you are due the 26th too?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Return to Ask the Experienced