Can Scoliosis cause this disease?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Can Scoliosis cause this disease?

Postby jean » Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I just found out I have Scoliosis...I was wondering if having it has any impact on pregnancies that could cause pre-e/hellp..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: Can Scoliosis cause this disease?

Postby iralu1 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Hey there- I don't have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that I clicked on the link to your blog and was very moved with everything you wrote because I can relate to so much of what happened. Congratulations on a successful second pregnancy! I am so happy for you and your boy looks beautiful. Stories like yours give me hope to try again. Some days I'm very optimistic and some days not so much. Thank you for sharing your story and your journey. It takes a lot of courage to try again and I'm really happy that things worked out much better the second time around. :)
Mom to little angel Nia, born at 27 weeks on 3/17/13 due to severe PE, 1 lb 13 oz, 13 3/4 inches. Passed in NICU due to infection after 17 days. Loved and cherished forever.
Waiting to conceive again.
iralu1

Re: Can Scoliosis cause this disease?

Postby jean » Fri May 10, 2013 09:37 pm

Thanks! I wish you the best as well! I'm glad that I can offer hope/help to others! My first pregnancy ended up so devastating....I am forever "damaged" from the whole experience (PTSD), however I am so very grateful to have our 2nd born survive..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Return to Ask the Experienced