Anyone knows about IUGR?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Anyone knows about IUGR?

Postby whereowhere » Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 am

My MFM and my OB have both been glad to see that last week at 20 weeks, my baby was measuring 3 days ahead. My OB says that means that the placenta is currently working, and that usually preeclampsia can be preceded by signs of IUGR. Just wondering what has been your experiences and insight on tracking uterine growth and it's relation to preeclampsia and the likelihood of getting it based on the size of the baby?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: Anyone knows about IUGR?

Postby sam10 » Sun May 19, 2013 08:10 pm

The way I understand it is that IUGR can be related to PE, or not. IUGR can also have other causes like infections etc. And then there are people like me whose babies did not have IUGR and still ended up with severe PE in both cases.
However, it is defnitely a good sign if your baby is measuring within the normal range of your gestation. Keep on trucking :D
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone knows about IUGR?

Postby rosalinda » Mon May 20, 2013 01:55 pm

With my two bad pregnancies, both girls had IUGR. With my first baby in 2007, she had severe IUGR @ my 24 wk ultrasound, and by that time
I already had preeclampsia.

In 2011, my daughter had IUGR, but with good blood flow, and no signs of PE. It stumped my doctor, who said
that because my daughter had IUGR something was up (she didn't know what at the time). Later that day, I had my complete abruption, and
there was our answer.

I would take it as a good sign for now that your baby is measuring well.

Good luck!
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda

Return to Ask the Experienced