24 hr urine over 7000 normal bp?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

24 hr urine over 7000 normal bp?

Postby thekirkfamily2012 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 05:20 am

Hi all,

This is my third go round with pre-e :(. I had my first at 32 weeks due to severe pre-e. I had my second due to pre-e at 30 weeks....protein in urine was over 8000....my bp wasn't high when I delivered but was at the drs office. I also had a bad headache that wouldn't go away.

I'm 30 weeks and sitting in the hospital. The drs office sent me here Friday because of +3 protein kn dipstick and my bp was elevated. While here my bp has been normal but I found out last night my 24 hr urine came back at 7202. Ive got a headache that wont go away and very brisk reflexes. Waiting to see what the Dr says this morning but he told me yesterday even if my reading was.high he doubts he will deliver. Just a little freaked out because I feel like a ticking time bomb. Ive been here 2 times already and I know how bad I get. I have three kids at home(2 of my own and a step son) and sitting in the hospital on bedrest just isn't an option. We have no family to help us and our last son is disabled due to a misdiagnosed birth defect. Not to mention my Dr is over an hr from our house.......getting nervous about what they're gonna do.....I dont want another early delivery but I also don't want to be home alone w three kids and get so sick I wont make it......anyway any insight would be appreciated!!!!!
thekirkfamily2012

Re: 24 hr urine over 7000 normal bp?

Postby sam10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 08:01 am

I am sorry you are going through this. It is very scary. As far as I know not all women present necessarily with very high pressures, which can be quite confusing. This makes it important that you are watched closely. What I remember from my own situation is that the doctors always told me that they would not deliver for high protein alone. Has your doctor ordered any labs? If not, I would ask for it.
Bedrest or hospital bedrest can be challenging with a family and small children at home. But if it is necessary, it is the best option to keep you pregnant as long as possible.
How are you feeling today?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced