New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Visual disturbances

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Visual disturbances

Postby mlbaker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 am

I'm curious as to what is happening when you have visual distubances. In a previous pregnancy I had much higher bps but no visual distubances. Yesterday I started having some shapes blocking my vision. My bp was elevated but not too high (140/100). I decided to just rest and see what hapoened. Bp dropped and all seemed fine. I woke up this morning and had large sparkly worms in both eyes. I'd never experienced anything like that. Then I started seein g little footballs flying. Really weird. Took bp and it was 155/100. Called OB and went to L&D. I'm of course staying overnight for monitoring. Labs came back fine and bp is back down to comfortable level and vision is normal. So is the bp causing the visual stuff? If its just bp are these visual issues benign?
mlbaker

Re: Visual disturbances

Postby sam10 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 07:13 pm

Visual disturbances are one of the more serious symptoms of PE and should always be reported and checked by your gealth care provider. You can read about it all here: http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms#blur
As far as I understand stmptoms of PE do not always need to correlate, meaning they can can come on without any particular order, nor do they need present all.
Let us know how things will go. Thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced