update- NEW HERE, Questioning if I have early signs of PreE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: update- NEW HERE, Questioning if I have early signs of P

Postby CourtEdVi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 03:40 pm

I am 29 weeks today. My symptoms have been so up and down, as soon as i tell myself if it gets worse i am going in, i start to feel better. The past two days i have felt fine, today not so well at all. If it continues overnight or gets worse i will go see the doctor tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 08:27 pm

How have you been the past few days?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby CourtEdVi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 05:40 pm

I have still been up and down. My swelling is worse. I have been waking up with my face, eye lids and hands really swollen but it goes down through the day, but my legs are more swollen then ever. I am definitely starting to feel unwell more often then i feel well. I had another night of insane nausea but i felt fine the next day. My headaches are more frequent. I see the doctor on Thursday and may end up moving the appointment up. I did leave a message with the office Friday for my 24 hour protein results from last week but never got a call back, so i will call again tomorrow. It is very unnerving just waiting for things to worsen enough to warrant attention. This past week, i can feel that my BP is probably high more often. My home monitor which we know is reading low has consistently been reading in the upper 120s/upper 70s range, so my guess is that it has been in the upper 130s/ low 90s range.
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 08:43 pm

I know what you mean when you say you feel your BP is up. I could feel that too. It is hard to explain, but I could feel it in my head. Your facial swelling sounds a lot like what I had in my first pregnancy. It would improve during the day. This, however, does not mean it is not serious. Symptoms can fluctuate to some degree. I would not wait until Thursday, I would try to be seen ASAP and request bloodwork and learn the results of the 24-hour urine. All your symptoms combined including your nausea (even if it comes and goes) sound very worrisome to me. You can always go to L&D. It is their job to make sure you and your baby are ok and if not to do something about it. Thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby CourtEdVi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 am

My 24 hour came back at 205 from 175 and 145 before that. I am really beginning to worry.
CourtEdVi

Postby CourtEdVi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 07:25 pm

I have felt okay yesterday and today other than a few high BP readings after doing some housework. I went to my daughter's kindergarden open house this afternoon, then ran into the store to pick up a couple things, by the time i was walking out i got a little dazed maybe even blotchy vision for a moment. On the ride home i got nauseous followed by a headache and now very low grade fever 99.5. I am not nauseous anymore but still have a bad headache and the past day or two when my toddler lays her head on my belly or even leans gently on my right side, i jump with pain. I am now scared, but really want to wait to call the doctor until morning because of my two little ones. Plus i have my regular apt and growth scan tomorrow afternoon, so i will probably get more individual attention from the doc at my apt versus going to l&d which i assume would send me back home if my BP and urine dip are fine. My dips have always been fine in the office, but my 24 hours are slowly increasing. Hoping to get some rest tonightand deal with it all in the morning. I have a parent teacher conference that i don't wanna miss but have a feeling i will need to reschedule. :(
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 07:57 pm

How did your appointment go? How are you feeling?

Dips are unrealiable, which is why 24-urine collections are requested for an accurate measurement of protein in your urine. So if you go to L&D, the basis should not be a simple dip. I remember when I used to show up at L&D, they would take urine, but sent it to the lab for a test, but it was not a dip. I will try to remember what it was called, so I can let you know.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 06:49 pm

How are you doing? Was thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby CourtEdVi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 06:20 pm

I have been increasingly feeling worse. I am actually in the L&D now because i woke up with severe facial swelling and my headache has gotten much worse and its all in my eyes and is like a ton of pressure. I feel like my eyes are going to explode. I had taken 1000mg of Tylenol with no relief. My BP at home was 135/80 all day. The hospitals automatic monitor was reading it to Be very low, as low as 105/55, so i asked for a manual check and she got 130/85. WTF, i was in tears feeling like i was going crazy, like how could i feel this aweful and my BP be so low. I was relieved that she finally got a reading similar to what i get. My last 24 hour from last week came back at 266 and i dipped +1 in the office friday but of course negative here in the hospital. At my apt my ob said i had borderline mild preE and he expected that he will deliver me at 37 weeks. I am relieved to have him confirm what i already knew. We will see what they say today but i suspect that i will be sent home soon. My ob did say that he will want to admit me for 24 hours soon for observation to see what my bp does.
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 08:10 pm

Ughh, sorry you are feeling so awful. But I am glad you went to L&D to get checked. I hope they also did some bloodwork. If not, please ask them to do it. What did they say about your swelling and headache? Have they given you simething stronger to releave the pain?
Just wondering if they could keep you now for 24 hours to see what's going on with your pressures (always should be taken manually, just insist).
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011

sam10
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Experienced