HELLP (or pre-e) and subsequent miscarriage

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: HELLP (or pre-e) and subsequent miscarriage

Postby Mari2013 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:12 am

Caryn, thank you. You are the best for typing all that out with a newborn. I am going to read the sources in depth later.

A couple of things stood out to me. First is the distinction between an autoimmune response and the immune response the way you described it. I thought the OB meant I had something like Lupus that was undiagnosed and causing me to have these complications. I was upset because I was tested for all of that right before this pregnancy, tests were fine, so not sure where the automimmune piece was coming in.

The other point I wonder about is if the Lovenox and LDA aspirin are relevant to this second stage of invasion. I will have to research that point. Just reading the description, I don't think so. And that would explain why they didn't make a difference with this pregnancy.

I also thought the information on pregnancy intervals was interesting. I have read about the two year interval helping with pre-eclampsia recurrence.

I was so focused on not getting pre-e and HELLP again that this loss has completely surprised and devastated me.
Mom to one amazing toddler girl, delivered at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Mari2013

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced