Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Severe eclampsia pregnant again 5 weeks very nervous

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Severe eclampsia pregnant again 5 weeks very nervous

Postby ljsmommy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 01:56 pm

by ljsmommy (24 Posts), Sun Jan 19, 2014 01:56 pm

Hello it's been two and a half years since my son was born at 30 weeks with eclampsia and I'm pregnant again just found out yesterday haven't went to doctor yet anyone have any suggestions on how I can prevent it or at least help not get it again I'm very nervous just want me and my baby to be healthy
ljsmommy

Re: Severe eclampsia pregnant again 5 weeks very nervous

Postby MomTimesThree » Mon Jan 20, 2014 01:18 pm

by MomTimesThree (571 Posts), Mon Jan 20, 2014 01:18 pm

Welcome back! Pregnancy after pre-eclampsia is very scary. Remember that you go into your next pregnancy with different eyes- and that in itself is one of your best weapons against pre-eclampsia. You know all the signs, and your team knows that this isn't your average pregnancy- you're high risk, and with that comes all the monitoring that can help identify things early and give you options.

Most times all kinds of labs are done after a pre-eclamptic pregnancy to look for underlying conditions. If they weren't done, you might want to chat with your team to rule things out that might contribute to a higher risk pregnancy.

Keep posted as you're able!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: Severe eclampsia pregnant again 5 weeks very nervous

Postby caryn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 01:47 pm

by caryn (10131 Posts), Sat Jan 25, 2014 01:47 pm

What Lauren said! And welcome to the forums. :)
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced