Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Possible Preeclamsia

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Possible Preeclamsia

Postby jessicarodtka » Sun Feb 23, 2014 01:50 pm

by jessicarodtka (1 Posts), Sun Feb 23, 2014 01:50 pm

Hello everyone,

At my appointment 2 and a half weeks ago my doctor had mentioned that my blood pressure has been steadily increasing at every appointment. She put me on vitamin d and calcium to see if that could help. Well over the last 2 days I have been getting headaches, having pains going from my stomach to shoulder and my ankles are slightly swollen. I went and checked my bp at a pharmacy today and my first reading was 145/75 than 131/78 1 min later. I am only 19 weeks along, and curious if I should be going in to see my doctor earlier as my appt is not until the 7th of march. Any advice would be great:)
jessicarodtka

Re: Possible Preeclamsia

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Feb 23, 2014 05:40 pm

by MomTimesThree (570 Posts), Sun Feb 23, 2014 05:40 pm

Yes please. March 7th is a very long ways away. :) I would absolutely let your doctor know of the changes in your symptoms and blood pressure. He/she will want to know. You might also ask for a referral to a high risk doctor to evaluate your course of action.

In the meantime, although your just a bit shy of 20 weeks (when typically you see pre-eclampsia) you will want to make yourself knowledgeable about the signs and symptoms and when in doubt, get checked out.

http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms

keep posted as you're able,
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced