Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Diagnosed at32 weeks ... Advice please

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Diagnosed at32 weeks ... Advice please

Postby akelly09 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:30 am

by akelly09 (5 Posts), Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:30 am

So at 28 weeks pregnant and 22 years old I went to my local day unit as I hadn't felt baby move fir a while everything was fine other than slightly elevated blood pressure this was 140/93 although these readings were high from the beginning of my pregnancy they were Normal readings pre pregnancy, I had no protein, I explained to the midwives and doctor that I was really anxious as my mum had pre eclampsia with all 4 children including eclampsia with one, so they referred me to a consultant. 30 weeks I see my consultant trace of protein high Bp even for me 164/98 put me on labetalol 2 x daily at this point I had developed a seriously bad headache, sent home with Bp Medes and told to be seen in day unit every other day for Bp,urine and blood tests, whilst seeing the consultant once a week, 31 weeks pretty much goes by the same way I feel so poorly I don't move out of bed between appointments but only a trace protein and back to 140/90 Bo. 32 weeks protein up to + bp 154/101 up my bp meds send me home we mild pre eclampsia. 34weeks went from ++ to ++++ protein in the space of 2 days this was Monday had blood tests all was well. Saw consultant Wednesday who looked at me and said I'm surprised your still stable the amount of protein your spilling, I think we need to keep a close eye on you as you could be one of these people that take us by surprise and go down hill rapidly. At this point I tell him that I'm feeling worse every day my headache is making me sick and I've got a really funny pain in my bump as well as pain in my shoulder, he looked at my blood tests from Monday and my took Bp all was ok (bearing in mind I'm on Bp tablets now) he did a scan on baby and she's growing steadily although a little small. So all is good on that front to. Anyway the pain in my shoulder and sickness is getting worse, I've got blood tests again this after noon do you think things could have drastically changed since Monday? I'm really fed up of being sent home feeling unwell and spending the days in between worrying that things have gotten worse.

My consultant has said that he's expecting things to change but if they don't he will deliver in 2 weeks.
akelly09

Re: Diagnosed at32 weeks ... Advice please

Postby akelly09 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:32 am

by akelly09 (5 Posts), Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:32 am

Also forgot to say they gave me steroids at 31 weeks just in case baby had to come early.
akelly09

Postby sam10 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 am

by sam10 (1437 Posts), Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 am

yes, things can change rapidly. Is there anyway you could request to stay in the hospital for the remainder of your pregnancy? All you are describing dounds worrisome to me. please updaye as you are able.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby chica » Sat Mar 22, 2014 03:17 am

by chica (3 Posts), Sat Mar 22, 2014 03:17 am

Hi there, I hope you are keeping well. I am 34 weeks and if I had the symptoms you are describing I wouldn't let them send me home (even though I hate hospitals). Things went downhill very rapidly last pregnancy with me, hopefully baby and you stay well, thinking of you. Keep us updated.
chica

Update

Postby akelly09 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 09:36 am

by akelly09 (5 Posts), Tue Mar 25, 2014 09:36 am

On Friday I went in for my usual Bp check blood tests and trace on baby, I explained how I was feeling and they admitted me straight away, my Bp was ok would just get random spikes. I stayed Friday and Saturday night they upped my bp Meds which stopped my Bp spiking, They let me home sunday after my blood work wasn't changing to much he said he's going to induce me next week at 36 as he can't risk me going downhill rapidly for the sake of a week away from term (he did say again if I get that far), back in yesterday for my usual bout of tests rang for my blood tests apparently they've started to become borderline my consultant wasn't In so they've said to wait until I see him tomorrow unless I start to feel worse. I think this baby will be her by the weekend.

Will update again tomorrow.
Thank you for the replies
Xx
akelly09

Postby akelly09 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 09:18 am

by akelly09 (5 Posts), Fri Mar 28, 2014 09:18 am

Being induced Monday at 36 weeks .... Scared :( xxx
akelly09

Postby BFRENCH » Fri Mar 28, 2014 03:50 pm

by BFRENCH (5 Posts), Fri Mar 28, 2014 03:50 pm

I had my little boy at 29 weeks. He weighed 2lbs 10oz. Came home 8 weeks later on no monitors. My dr said if you can make it past 34 you are doing GREAT.
Technology has come so far! Make sure there is a NICU at your hospital and rest easy.

I say way to go Momma for making it so far!! Ya'll are going to be just fine. Hang in there!
BFRENCH

Return to Ask the Experienced