moved, new doc, fluctuating bps, pregnant again after pre-e

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

moved, new doc, fluctuating bps, pregnant again after pre-e

Postby AmandaS » Tue Apr 22, 2014 08:01 pm

Hello all. I am back, it's been a long time. I had pre-e with my first 7 years ago, bp up at 27 weeks, diagnosed at 29, delivered emergency c at 35. I was hhbeahgurl on here. It took us a long while, but we decided to bite the bullet and I am pregnant with number 2. I am 25 weeks now. We were living on an island in Alaska in the Bering Sea 800 air miles from a hospital, but we moved 4 weeks ago to New Mexico. Throughout my pregnancy my bp has been good ranging from the 90's/50's to 110/72 at its highest. We have now moved from an altitude of sea level to 7,000+ feet, which of course I read high altitude increases your risk for pre-e :( The past week my bp has been all over the place. I had one 90s/50s, one 143/94, and lots of 130/85s and 115/72s. Crazy. Should I be concerned that they are jumping all over the place now and running higher than they were? I have my appointment with my new doc in New Mexico for the first time tomorrow afternoon. What questions should I ask her. I was under the care of a Family Nurse Practitioner in Alaska since we didn't have OBs on the island. I think I am going to ask for an ultrasound, since my provider in AK was not used to doing them, she only did maybe 10 a year and the equipment was old and not very good. The new doc has all my records so I am going to draw attention to my baseline pressures but I don't want to appear a crazy hypochondriac patient.
I'm back! Formally [b]hhbeachgurl[/b] on here :)
Pregnant again after pre-e
Amanda-31
DH-41
DD-7 (BP rise 27 weeks, PE diagnosis at 29 weeks...delivered at 35 weeks...+4 reflexes, 3 beats clonus, severe cerebral edema.)
AmandaS

Re: moved, new doc, fluctuating bps, pregnant again after pr

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:53 pm

How did your appointment go? I hope your concerns were heard- as given your history having your blood pressure start to bounce around (become labile) is a valid concern and something to watch.

Keep posted as you're able- and congratulations on your pregnancy.
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced