Probability of Recurrent PreE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Probability of Recurrent PreE

Postby alviarin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 05:59 pm

Glad to hear you are doing ok. I feel your pain on allergies, here in Texas allergy season is pretty much year round. I was able to take allergy meds when pregnant- I took a pill OTC and a prescription nasal steroid spray, you could talk to your doc about what might help in your case.

Please keep us posted as you are able.

kniederer

Postby kniederer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 01:14 pm

My appointment went good. The cramping has stopped, blood pressure is good. I live in Missouri and all of my life have battled with seasonal allergies of course I would be pregnant during that time so I can't take anything, allergies while pregnant is cruel and unusual punishment..

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 09:07 pm

How did your appointment go?

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 02:20 am

When in doubt, call the doc, is my motto. Your symptoms may not be caused by something serious but the doctor should be able to figure out if they are concerning (or not); that's what they get paid the big bucks for! They are used to fielding all kinds of questions from low-risk first-time moms, so they should be even more understanding based on your personal history.

Please keep us posted as you able.

ETA: And remember, we aren't paranoid, we are vigilant!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

kniederer

Postby kniederer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 06:36 pm

When I went last week my blood pressure and everything was good. I feel like I'm such a paranoid crazy person! I've been cramping for the last 24 hours and have a sharp pain on my right side rib area. I go to the dr tomorrow so I'm just going to wait it out, but I am starting to feel like I'm going crazy.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 05:34 pm

Just wondering how you are doing and what did the doctor say?

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 05:05 pm

I would call too, since you are noticing some changes (increase in BP, swelling moving into hands). Your doc might even want you to come in for a blood pressure check & urine dip before your next scheduled appointment.

Good luck!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

Nickipetersen@hotmail.com

Postby Nickipetersen@hotmail.com » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Hopefully it's nothing, but I would definitely call the doc. Better safe than sorry!

kniederer

Probability of Recurrent PreE

Postby kniederer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 08:49 pm

I developed preeclampsia with my first child at 28 weeks and delivered her at week 29. I am now pregnant with my second and have made it to 34 weeks. I am at this point in time the paranoid pregnant lady. I've had swelling in my ankles for the last couple of days, my fingers have been swollen since Saturday, I've had a headache since Sunday and my blood pressure is bouncing from 139/78 down to 118/80. I normally have very low bp I'm talking 100/70, and I've only been using an at home bp meter. I'm going to run by the ambulance station tonight for a real bp check, but at this point I can't decide if I'm just worrying myself to death or if I need to call my dr. I hate to be the patient that calls with a silly problem, but the last time I didn't call I ended having an 11 week preemie and being extremely sick. Any words of advice?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”