Pulmenary Adema and Leaky Heart Valve After Pree

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Pulmenary Adema and Leaky Heart Valve After Pree

Postby alviarin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 00:21 am

Another thread you might be interested in: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 28&t=44478

You can do a search for more old posts by typing in key words in the search box located in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Something that is helpful to me, especially when anxious, is writing down a list of questions in advance to take with me to the doctors. That way I don't forget anything even when nervous!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

sdecker6

Postby sdecker6 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 06:57 pm

Thank you for your response. This is weighing heavily on me and I'm so anxious about what is going on. When I called the office for further explaination they said "if it was serious we wouldn't have let you leave". I just hate how vague people are. I really like the Cardiologist I have been seeing but the last time we met, I didn't realize the severity of the issue and thought I would recover. I am only 8 weeks PP, but I guess I just thought I would bounce back. This time around when I meet with her I am going to ask a LOT of questions.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 05:30 pm

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

I know some of our other posters have dealt with pulmonary edema, hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

I found an an "ask the expert" response to a post you might be interested in:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39820

I think prognosis varies depending on whether or not the damage was caused by preeclampsia, pre-existing, or complicated by peripartum cardiomyapathy. Sorry I wish I had more info for you, I'm sure you are hating to have to wait for you appointment to find out more. Please let us know what you find out.

I had one friend diagnosed with peripartum cardiomyapathy postpartum (but she never had preeclampsia); it took a couple of years on meds but her heart function fully recovered eventually.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

sdecker6

Pulmenary Adema and Leaky Heart Valve After Pree

Postby sdecker6 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 01:29 am

I don't even know where to begin...

I delivered my daughter at 35 weeks due to preeclampsia. I had so many fluids pumped into my body and they were not coming out so I had to go back into the hospital the day after I was released due to fluid in my lungs. They xrayed my heart and gave me a eccoultrasound and I had a leaky heart valve. My heart was working at 50% the lowest of normal. I went back to the Cardiologist and my heart function has not improved and my valve "is much improved". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!? When I called for an explanation they told me to wait until my follow up next Thursday. Anyway, after recovering from preeclampsia with high blood pressure for 2 week after giving birth, anemia, and pulmonary edema (fluid in lungs) I had not had a lot of time to worry about the leaky heart valve issue. I just I'm sooo upset I thought it was just going to get better. I am trying to research but I am only finding information for people with Congestive Heart Failure. I am so lost. Has anyone else had any of these complications from preeclampsia? I just want to be here to take care of my daughter and live my life! I'm only 28 years old. I am sooo afraid to ever have a child again too. :(

Return to “Ask the Experienced”