Possible Pre-E?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: Possible Pre-E?

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Oct 26, 2014 05:08 am

Update as you're able. Thinking good thoughts for you.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

brandib

Postby brandib » Fri Oct 24, 2014 01:16 am

Any update for us, Maria?! Thinking of you!

jenh

Postby jenh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 05:14 pm

How did your appointment go? If I were in your place, I'd want to have labs done for PreE and HELLP syndrome. If they come back fine, great. If not, you can intervene as necessary. And even if they are fine, you'd have something to compare to if you started to get worse.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

MrsClintA

Possible Pre-E?

Postby MrsClintA » Wed Oct 22, 2014 03:00 pm

Hey y'all! I'm Maria. 28 and pregnant with our 4th baby (a girl). I've never experienced Pre-E but I'm feeling pretty unwell now. I called the OBs nurse line yesterday and was told they'd call me back. They never did. I have an appt today at 4pm for my 32 week checkup. I'll be mentioning all of this then...

Does it sound like Pre-E to you?

Monday: Had a horrible pain under my right breast, it hurt so bad it made me jump and lingered for awhile before I could go to bed and fall asleep.

Early Tuesday morning: I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I could barely breath and as though I was going to lose any food in my stomach. That lasted for several hours then went away. I had two occasions where I just felt unbearably hot. I stripped down to almost nothing, opened windows and turned on the fan. Thermostat read 70 in the house, and it was under 50 outside. It eventually subsided a little to the point I didn't feel like I was burning up anymore. Planned on taking my temp. but couldn't locate the thermometer.

Tuesday Night: Pain again, same spot, same time of day. But it'd been "there" all day long, just tender. I went to bed feeling that spot being tenderish still. I began to have a slight headache, but chocked it up to my super loud children. lol Felt really irritable and anxious about nothing particular all day. Hormonal much?

Today - Wednesday morning: Headache still there. Right behind my eyes and thus my eyes kinda hurt too. I got up to pee in the middle of the night and immediately felt dizzy upon standing up. It was kinda like I'd been hit over the head dizzy, without the pain of being hit on the head, just kinda weighed me down for a minute. Everytime I blink I see shapes/lights, but my head doesn't hurt like a Migraine...I have those often when not pregnant. I've had the period of time where I feel as though I'm burning up again.. I know that feeling warm during pregnancy is normal, but I don't know that I should feel like this... Kinda sunburn hot like.

TIA for any replies. :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”