anxiety :(

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: anxiety :(

Postby alviarin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 07:37 am

did ur sis get preeclampsia then?
Nope she had a normal full term delivery, just like our other two sisters. :)
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

anny4

Postby anny4 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 06:37 am

did ur sis get preeclampsia then?

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Tue Jan 06, 2015 08:55 pm

I think some anxiety after having preeclampsia is totally normal, but for me it got better overall with time. Preeclampisa is scary, so it's understandable to be nervous about it. But if things aren't getting better for you, and you are having trouble with your normal routine (still losing sleep etc), maybe talking a counselor would help?

I did get a lil' nervous when a friend had edema during pregnancy . Fortunately she was really patient with me poking her to check for pitting!

And I was anxious when my sister had one *slightly* high pressure reading during an OB checkup. I just kept telling myself that she knew all the signs and symptoms of preeclampsia and her doctors were aware of her risk factors (including a first degree relative who developed preeclampsia, me!). So she and her OB had a lot more awareness and knowledge of preeclampsia than I did going into my first pregnancy. And knowledge really does save lives.

And as far as my daughter goes, I'm actually not really worried about her getting preeclampsia one day. I'm hopeful that we will have a cure or a treatment by the time she has kiddos. I mean in my grandmother's day they basically knew zero about "toxemia", and we already know so much more now with research going on all the time. So hopefully by the time we have grandkids we will have even more answers!

I hope this helps, good luck!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

anny4

Postby anny4 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:12 am

im worried for my daughter.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 03:43 am

I am so sorry you are experiencing anxiety. I still have to deal with it from time to time (e.g. show me a cuff and I get sweaty hands and nervous). It helped me to develop coping strategies and seeing a counselor was my psychological lifesaver. Perhaps it would be something to consider? Many PE ladies are diagnosed with PTSD following their PE pregnancies, but it is sth. that can be helped with treatment. sending you hugs
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

anny4

anxiety :(

Postby anny4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 02:58 pm

hi ladies,
Since I had my daughter sept c2014 im even more anxious then before. Im so scared that my daughter and sisters will suffer from this that ive lost sleep.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”