Preeclampsia/HELLP featured on HONY!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: Preeclampsia/HELLP featured on HONY!

Postby laney_p » Thu Apr 02, 2015 07:11 pm

We saw that yesterday, Bridgid! At least, the way that they described the symptoms definitely sounded like HELLP syndrome. Just tragic. I commented on the HONY page as PF to share our sympathies to the family and let people know to learn more information about preeclampsia, eclampsia, and HELLP syndrome to check out www.preeclampsia.org. Hopefully that helps to educate some people and capitalize off of that visibility!
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

brigidmary

Preeclampsia/HELLP featured on HONY!

Postby brigidmary » Wed Apr 01, 2015 00:30 am

I don't know if this is the right board to post this, but I wanted to see if I could get this to someone in charge of the site. Humans of New York, a site run by photographer Brandon Staunton, featured the story of a man who lost his wife to HELLP/Preeclampsia on his site today:

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyor ... =1&theater

If you're not familiar with Brandon's work, you should check it out. His page has over 12 million followers. This man's story of losing his wife is tragic, but I'm glad he got the chance to tell it to the world.
Brigid Kemmerer
Mother of two boys, ages 6 (born 33wks due to pre-E) and 2 (born 36wks due to pre-E).
Wife, mother, YA author, and admin manager. Independently supporting the coffee industry since 2007. :-)
http://www.brigidkemmerer.com

Return to “Ask the Experienced”