ecclampsia despite healthy pregnancy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
molly15

Re: ecclampsia despite healthy pregnancy

Postby molly15 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 08:49 pm

I'm so so sorry for your loss. You should consider joining the facebook group as there is a lot of support there- especially for moms who lost their babies to this terrible syndrome.

jmtucker0819

Postby jmtucker0819 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 03:45 am

My PE wasn't diagnosed unil 8 days PP. I actually had symptoms for about 6 weeks prior to having my son but my BP never stayed high and my labs were normal so the OB and OB triage just dismissed me. I was in OB triage on 2/25/15 with high BP. It went down after an hour and my labs were normal so they sent me home. I was in there almost twice a week for a month and after that last visit they told me not to come back until I was closer to 40 weeks and in labor (I was 34 weeks at the time). Then the next day, I had a complete concealed placental abruption and my son died. As they took me into the OR, they told me husband that we lost our son and he needed to prepare himself because he was probably going to lose me too. How he got through the next couple hours I will never know. I had more high BP after that but the hospital still did not diagnose PE. They told me that abruptions just happen sometimes and we don't know why.
8 days later I went to my OB for a PP check up and my BP was 170/120 and this time it was not going down. They then diagnosed me and told me that the abruption was due to the PE because my BP was spiking so high at times. Before the abruption, at home it spiked to 170/130 at one point. I don't think women know enough about this disease. It can take a turn for the worst in a matter of hours.

MiyaMurphy

Postby MiyaMurphy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:21 pm

My request was accepted:)

molly15

Postby molly15 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 01:50 am

Hmmm I was added right away. Is it this group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/30685534146/

MiyaMurphy

Postby MiyaMurphy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 01:37 am

Hi Molly,

Thanks for the info about the Facebook group. Have you been added to the group? I sent a request a few days ago and still nothing...

Thanks

molly15

Postby molly15 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 06:21 pm

Just so you know I found an active group for HELLP Survivors on facebook if you are still looking for others to connect to.

UKGirl

Postby UKGirl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 08:44 am

Hi Molly,

Give yourself some time. I'm not convinced I'm fully over what happened and mine was over three years ago. I agree that this forum is ace, but also that it would be better a bit more active. Feel free to message or post if there's anything you need but remember, you did nothing wrong, this is just something that happened that can't be helped.

Sending lots of love xx

molly15

Postby molly15 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 03:48 am

I also had a very healthy pregnancy and I loved being pregnant. This is my second and first was a very healthy pregnancy and carried to 42 weeks so we were really not anticipating anything too unusual with this pregnancy but I ended up delivering at 32.5 with Class 1 HELLP. I never had any preeclampsia symptoms either but I ended up going in because I noticed a decrease in fetal movement and that's when they noticed my high blood pressure and protein in my urine. They even let me go home because I felt so great but when I told them my blood pressure readings the next morning from home I had to go back in. They tried to stabilize me until 34 weeks but I delivered 3 days later when my liver enzymes skyrocketed. I'm really having a hard time processing everything that happened. I'm so grateful that this forum exists but I wish it were more active.

UKGirl

Postby UKGirl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 05:28 am

Hi,

I just wanted to say I totally understand. I had a similar experience the night before my ante natal appointment and then was admitted so thankfully they medicated seconds before the fits (temporarily lost my eyesight). I thought I'd mentally recovered but actually I still don't think I have three and a half years on. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant (on Saturday) with my second and the hospital are watching me like a hawk. I'm also on baby aspirin. I would say, my husband was the same as yours. It took him a while (don't think he ever has actually) to get over being told we both might not make it and a while to let me try for the second. But our three year old is a funny, well developed and intelligent boy with no developmental issues whatsoever. He has a milk allergy that was undiagnosed for a while and that delayed initial development (he didn't smile for 12 weeks and yet is the happiest child ever) but he soon caught up.

I hope that reassures you xxx

sarah.k

Postby sarah.k » Thu Feb 04, 2016 07:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through. I have similar feelings about how I missed out on a regular delivery, and what that would have been like. For a couple weeks I struggled with Dec 1st as being my daughter's birthday and regretted that this is the story that I have to share about how she was born. And looking back I have regrets that preeclampsia wasn't detected despite me reporting to my doctor about increasing swelling for months. Maybe my pregnancy would have lasted longer and my daughter would be developing normally. I have to say though now that my daughter is 2 months old, I think less about the complications, even though it enters my mind every day. I think with time, you will find that it gets easier. I'm actually hoping that when I go back to work in two weeks, my mind will get a break from thinking about it.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”