BLEEDING LIVER

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: BLEEDING LIVER

Postby alviarin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Wait, is liver bleed the same as a liver rupture? I did just find some older posts your might be interested in by typing in "liver rupture" in the search box available in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Some of our posters aren't as active nowadays but some are still reachable by private message (by clicking on their name, and then "send private message").
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: BLEEDING LIVER

Postby alviarin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 09:06 pm

Hi I'm so sorry to hear you had such a rough time. I tried searching for old posts typing in key words like "bleeding liver" using the search box in the upper hand corner of the screen but didn't get any pertinent results. Maybe I'm not thinking of the right combination of key words, or maybe it is that rare.

I'm glad you are getting a second opinion from a high risk group, they tend to see more of the rare cases.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

MiyaMurphy

BLEEDING LIVER

Postby MiyaMurphy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 01:57 pm

Anyone have or know of anyone who suffered complications of HELLP? I delivered my baby girl on 1/17 via emergency c section. Ended up back in the OR a few hours later with massive bleeding in my belly. Trauma surgery was consulted and they found that my liver was bleeding, apparently this is an extremely rare complication of HELLP. They had to leave my abdomen open for two days until they could control the bleeding. I was sedated and on a breathing machine. I'm on the mend now, but still have so many questions and I can't find any answers to my questions online. The physicians in my OB group say they learned cases like mine in med school, but have never had a patient with it. These are doctors with 20+ years experience. They have all said future pregnancies will likely kill me. I plan on having my chart forwarded to a high risk perinatal group for a second opinion. Just wondering if any of you have experienced or heard of any similar experiences. Thanks

Return to “Ask the Experienced”